Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching Theories compilation

  • corr.mhaire@juno.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
      Well at least you didn't goose and run <grins>

      Cecelia Corr Mhaire, Caerthe, Outlands

      On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:13:43 -0700 (PDT) Ayllyth "P�obaire"
      <ayllyth@...> writes:
      > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
      > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved.
      >
      > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
      > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names; some
      > i've only single names or even (omigawds) mundane
      > names. ;)

    • Archie/Sebastian
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
        So now I am curious. If you used feathers from Pegasus does that mean the
        arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring minds want to know.

        In Service
        Don Sebastian Frobishire
        Ansteorra/Steppes

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
          here we go again

          not before stealing the closest young lassies as well

          oh bad bad newbie

          ...There is magic yet in a gold sunset
          Power'neath a midnight sky
          And many a thrill lies over the hill
          For a dreamer such as I.
          (When Dragonslayers Grow Up)
          by Kate Tompkins

          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
            Dear Caedmon,
            Have you ever seen a real dragon flying? I didn't think so. I have
            seen a real tiger attacking. I think I'll side with the tiger. :-P
            It's all in fun
            -Geoffrei

          • Carolus von Eulenhorst
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
              Yes, and if you you use Eider duck feathers, your arrows simply go down.
              In service to the dream,
              Carolus von Eulenhorst
              eulenhorst@...

              On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 00:27:21 -0500 "Bliss Blisstasy"
              <blisstasybliss@...> writes:
              >here we go again
              >
              >not before stealing the closest young lassies as well
              >
              >oh bad bad newbie
              >
              >...There is magic yet in a gold sunset
              > Power'neath a midnight sky
              > And many a thrill lies over the hill
              > For a dreamer such as I.
              >(When Dragonslayers Grow Up)
              >by Kate Tompkins
              >

              >>Lord Caedmon Wilson, Midrealm
              >>
              >>Did anyone mention that if you used Dragon Wings to fletch your
              >arrows,
              >>that
              >>they would only want to fly east? (vague reference to midrealm and
              >eastern
              >>kingdom for those are not from the midrealm or east)
              >>
              >>-Caedmon

              >>Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
              >Messenger
              >>http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
              >>
              >>---8<---------------------------------------------
              >>Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows
              >>Need a bow? Check http://www.baronbows.com/

              >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
            • Bruce R. Gordon
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                Greetings
                Yes, that's so. And of course Phoenix feathers are the most sought-after
                for fire arrows, becuse if you wait long enough you get your arrow back
                after the target burns down...

                Nigel (Mid)

                Archie/Sebastian wrote:

                > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from Pegasus does that mean the
                > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring minds want to know.
                >
                > In Service
                > Don Sebastian Frobishire
                > Ansteorra/Steppes

                Ex Tenebra, Lux

              • Carl West at home
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                  "Ayllyth Pìobaire" wrote:

                  > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
                  > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved....
                  > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
                  > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names...

                  Fritz = Meister Frydherik Eysenkopf, OL, OCT, Sagg, etc.
                  Carolingia, East

                  --
                  Carl West
                  mailto:eisen@...

                  Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
                • Jack Bradley
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                    I knew some one would turn me in
                    see you next week ;-)
                    Ragnar

                    Susan Kell wrote:

                    > Hi Ayllyth -
                    > Well, "Ragnar" is Lord Ragnar Two Ax of the Reeking Swamp (East Kingdom),
                    > "Geoffrei" is Lord Geoffrei St. Alban of Eastwood and "Fritz" is Meister
                    > Frydherich Eisenkopf (all East Kingdom). Nest is from the East also, and
                    > you have her whole name.
                    > -- Ygraine
                    > (E.K. Archery Scorekeeper, so I shoot with these good folk a lot -- *and* I
                    > have to type their names often!)

                  • AyllythPìobaire
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                      --- corr.mhaire@... wrote:
                      > Well at least you didn't goose and run <grins>

                      Och, nae, i only do that to the lads at work.... ;)

                      =====
                      8) Ayllyth P�obaire 8)
                      House of the Argent Greyhound (http://www.geocities.com/ayllyth/ )
                      Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
                      For your next feast and/or revel, visit
                      http://www.thewildoats.com !

                      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                    • AyllythPìobaire
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                        --- Archie/Sebastian <sbstn@...> wrote:
                        > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from
                        > Pegasus does that mean the
                        > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring
                        > minds want to know.

                        Only if you are wearing jodhpurs....

                        =====

                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                          wrote:
                          > Yes, and if you you use Eider duck feathers, your
                          > arrows simply go down.

                          Boo, hiss....

                          Do they land softly?

                          =====

                        • psobaka@myriad.net
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                            Would mocking bird only mock your shooting?
                            plachoya

                            >Greetings
                            > Yes, that's so. And of course Phoenix feathers are the most sought-after
                            >for fire arrows, becuse if you wait long enough you get your arrow back
                            >after the target burns down...
                            >
                            >Nigel (Mid)

                            Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
                          • Carl (checking home mail from work)
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                              psobaka@... wrote:

                              > Would mocking bird only mock your shooting?

                              The arrow would do exactly what some other arrow had done, no knowing
                              which though until it did it.

                              -- Fritz
                            • Scott Jaqua
                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                Unto Ayllyth,

                                I think you well know who Njall is..............

                                Scott B. Jaqua

                                SCA Link http://sjaqua.tripod.com

                                Gaming Link http://www.geocities.com/sjaqua/
                              • AyllythPìobaire
                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                  --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
                                  > Unto Ayllyth,
                                  >
                                  > I think you well know who Njall is..............

                                  Grin . . . Hugs to you and your Lady wife!

                                  d'you want me to include the two links in your tag?

                                  =====

                                • blkknighti@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                    In a message dated 8/2/01 10:19:31 AM, PÏobaireayllyth@... writes:

                                    << --- Archie/Sebastian <sbstn@...> wrote:
                                    > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from
                                    > Pegasus does that mean the
                                    > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring
                                    > minds want to know. >>

                                    If you use horse feathers, you may not hit the target but everyone believes
                                    you did.

                                    Richard
                                  • Scott Jaqua
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                      Just include the SCA link........

                                      Njall

                                      Scott B. Jaqua

                                      SCA Link http://sjaqua.tripod.com

                                      Gaming Link http://www.geocities.com/sjaqua/
                                      > > I think you well know who Njall is..............
                                      >
                                      > Grin . . . Hugs to you and your Lady wife!
                                      >
                                      > d'you want me to include the two links in your tag?
                                    • Talmon Parker
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                        If you used secretaty bird feathers maybe they could keep score between
                                        rounds At least they have long legs and could run down check the line shots.
                                        Talmon Wilbanks Canton of gated edge ,kingdom of Ansteorra

                                        DER BARON

                                        >From: Carl West at home <eisen@...>
                                        >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                        >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching Theories compilation
                                        >Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 07:43:00 -0400
                                        >
                                        >"Ayllyth P�obaire" wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
                                        > > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved....
                                        > > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
                                        > > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names...
                                        >
                                        >Fritz = Meister Frydherik Eysenkopf, OL, OCT, Sagg, etc.
                                        >Carolingia, East
                                        >

                                        >--
                                        >Carl West
                                        >mailto:eisen@...
                                        >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen
                                        >
                                        >Wann ich aufh�re zu lernen, begrabe mich.

                                      • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                          I don't know but they stay warm.
                                          In service to the dream,
                                          Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                          eulenhorst@...

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                            Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will nake your arrow hide in the niddle of someone else's target.

                                            Cnut

                                          • John Rockwell
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                              What about a Raven? Will they fly above your head screeching ?
                                              Ian Griffen
                                              james kennedy <hvitabjorn@...> wrote:
                                              Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will nake your arrow hide in the niddle of someone else's target.

                                              Cnut

                                              Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

                                            • Mike Hornbaker
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                                Is the raven screeching " Nevermore" ?

                                                Michael