Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching Theories compilation

  • Bliss Blisstasy
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
      oh drats i was going to do that, b' as i joined the list, in the midst of
      it...i guess i'll look forward to what you have

      ...There is magic yet in a gold sunset
      Power'neath a midnight sky
      And many a thrill lies over the hill
      For a dreamer such as I.
      (When Dragonslayers Grow Up)
      by Kate Tompkins

      >From: Ayllyth "P�obaire" <ayllyth@...>

      >Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
      >(duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved.
      >
      >i seem to be missing some; were there some along those
      >lines before the subject changed from Classic Longbow
      >(or whatever)?

    • Susan Kell
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
        Hi Ayllyth -
        Well, "Ragnar" is Lord Ragnar Two Ax of the Reeking Swamp (East Kingdom),
        "Geoffrei" is Lord Geoffrei St. Alban of Eastwood and "Fritz" is Meister
        Frydherich Eisenkopf (all East Kingdom). Nest is from the East also, and
        you have her whole name.
        -- Ygraine
        (E.K. Archery Scorekeeper, so I shoot with these good folk a lot -- *and* I
        have to type their names often!)

        Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
        (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved.
        (snip)
      • Bruce R. Gordon
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
          Greetings
          I am Forester Nigel FitzMaurice, Oaken (Ohio-Kentucky) Regional Archery
          Marshal (Midrealm). I am not a madman. I take my medication quite
          regularly, thank you. The doctors even say I'm now allowed to have
          friends, but they want to wait awhile before forks and spoons...

          Nigel (Mid)

          Ex Tenebra, Lux

        • Chad Wilson
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
            --- Ayllyth P�obaire <ayllyth@...> wrote:
            > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
            > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved.
            >
            > i seem to be missing some; were there some along those
            > lines before the subject changed from Classic Longbow
            > (or whatever)?
            >
            > This is the list of people i have whose messages are
            > contributing to this brainstorm. If i've missed you,
            > please let me know (i may not have that message!); if
            > you'd like a blurb (like m'lord Blackthorn's link to
            > his Bodkin and Bolt), send me what you'd like put in.
            > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
            > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names; some
            > i've only single names or even (omigawds) mundane
            > names. ;)

            My formal name is:

            Lord Caedmon Wilson, Midrealm

            Did anyone mention that if you used Dragon Wings to fletch your arrows, that
            they would only want to fly east? (vague reference to midrealm and eastern
            kingdom for those are not from the midrealm or east)

            -Caedmon

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • corr.mhaire@juno.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
              Well at least you didn't goose and run <grins>

              Cecelia Corr Mhaire, Caerthe, Outlands

              On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:13:43 -0700 (PDT) Ayllyth "P�obaire"
              <ayllyth@...> writes:
              > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
              > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved.
              >
              > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
              > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names; some
              > i've only single names or even (omigawds) mundane
              > names. ;)

            • Archie/Sebastian
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
                So now I am curious. If you used feathers from Pegasus does that mean the
                arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring minds want to know.

                In Service
                Don Sebastian Frobishire
                Ansteorra/Steppes

                > > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
                > > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved.
                > >
                > > i seem to be missing some; were there some along those
                > > lines before the subject changed from Classic Longbow
                > > (or whatever)?
                > >
                > > This is the list of people i have whose messages are
                > > contributing to this brainstorm. If i've missed you,
                > > please let me know (i may not have that message!); if
                > > you'd like a blurb (like m'lord Blackthorn's link to
                > > his Bodkin and Bolt), send me what you'd like put in.
                > > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
                > > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names; some
                > > i've only single names or even (omigawds) mundane
                > > names. ;)
                >
                > My formal name is:
                >
                > Lord Caedmon Wilson, Midrealm
                >
                > Did anyone mention that if you used Dragon Wings to fletch your arrows,
                that
                > they would only want to fly east? (vague reference to midrealm and
                eastern
                > kingdom for those are not from the midrealm or east)
                >
                > -Caedmon

                > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

              • Bliss Blisstasy
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
                  here we go again

                  not before stealing the closest young lassies as well

                  oh bad bad newbie

                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
                    Dear Caedmon,
                    Have you ever seen a real dragon flying? I didn't think so. I have
                    seen a real tiger attacking. I think I'll side with the tiger. :-P
                    It's all in fun
                    -Geoffrei

                  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
                      Yes, and if you you use Eider duck feathers, your arrows simply go down.
                      In service to the dream,
                      Carolus von Eulenhorst
                      eulenhorst@...

                      On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 00:27:21 -0500 "Bliss Blisstasy"
                      <blisstasybliss@...> writes:
                      >here we go again
                      >
                      >not before stealing the closest young lassies as well
                      >
                      >oh bad bad newbie
                      >
                      >...There is magic yet in a gold sunset
                      > Power'neath a midnight sky
                      > And many a thrill lies over the hill
                      > For a dreamer such as I.
                      >(When Dragonslayers Grow Up)
                      >by Kate Tompkins
                      >

                      >>Lord Caedmon Wilson, Midrealm
                      >>
                      >>Did anyone mention that if you used Dragon Wings to fletch your
                      >arrows,
                      >>that
                      >>they would only want to fly east? (vague reference to midrealm and
                      >eastern
                      >>kingdom for those are not from the midrealm or east)
                      >>
                      >>-Caedmon

                      >>Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
                      >Messenger
                      >>http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                      >>
                      >>---8<---------------------------------------------
                      >>Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows
                      >>Need a bow? Check http://www.baronbows.com/

                      >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
                    • Bruce R. Gordon
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                        Greetings
                        Yes, that's so. And of course Phoenix feathers are the most sought-after
                        for fire arrows, becuse if you wait long enough you get your arrow back
                        after the target burns down...

                        Nigel (Mid)

                        Archie/Sebastian wrote:

                        > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from Pegasus does that mean the
                        > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring minds want to know.
                        >
                        > In Service
                        > Don Sebastian Frobishire
                        > Ansteorra/Steppes

                      • Carl West at home
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                          "Ayllyth Pìobaire" wrote:

                          > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
                          > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved....
                          > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
                          > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names...

                          Fritz = Meister Frydherik Eysenkopf, OL, OCT, Sagg, etc.
                          Carolingia, East

                          --
                          Carl West
                          mailto:eisen@...

                          Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
                        • Jack Bradley
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                            I knew some one would turn me in
                            see you next week ;-)
                            Ragnar

                            Susan Kell wrote:

                            > Hi Ayllyth -
                            > Well, "Ragnar" is Lord Ragnar Two Ax of the Reeking Swamp (East Kingdom),
                            > "Geoffrei" is Lord Geoffrei St. Alban of Eastwood and "Fritz" is Meister
                            > Frydherich Eisenkopf (all East Kingdom). Nest is from the East also, and
                            > you have her whole name.
                            > -- Ygraine
                            > (E.K. Archery Scorekeeper, so I shoot with these good folk a lot -- *and* I
                            > have to type their names often!)

                          • AyllythPìobaire
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                              --- corr.mhaire@... wrote:
                              > Well at least you didn't goose and run <grins>

                              Och, nae, i only do that to the lads at work.... ;)

                              =====
                              8) Ayllyth P�obaire 8)

                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                --- Archie/Sebastian <sbstn@...> wrote:
                                > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from
                                > Pegasus does that mean the
                                > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring
                                > minds want to know.

                                Only if you are wearing jodhpurs....

                                =====
                                8) Ayllyth P�obaire 8)

                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                  wrote:
                                  > Yes, and if you you use Eider duck feathers, your
                                  > arrows simply go down.

                                  Boo, hiss....

                                  Do they land softly?

                                  =====
                                  8) Ayllyth P�obaire 8)

                                • psobaka@myriad.net
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                    Would mocking bird only mock your shooting?
                                    plachoya

                                    >Greetings
                                    > Yes, that's so. And of course Phoenix feathers are the most sought-after
                                    >for fire arrows, becuse if you wait long enough you get your arrow back
                                    >after the target burns down...
                                    >
                                    >Nigel (Mid)

                                    Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
                                  • Carl (checking home mail from work)
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                      psobaka@... wrote:

                                      > Would mocking bird only mock your shooting?

                                      The arrow would do exactly what some other arrow had done, no knowing
                                      which though until it did it.

                                      -- Fritz
                                    • Scott Jaqua
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                        Unto Ayllyth,

                                        I think you well know who Njall is..............

                                        Scott B. Jaqua

                                        SCA Link http://sjaqua.tripod.com

                                        Gaming Link http://www.geocities.com/sjaqua/
                                      • AyllythPìobaire
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                          --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
                                          > Unto Ayllyth,
                                          >
                                          > I think you well know who Njall is..............

                                          Grin . . . Hugs to you and your Lady wife!

                                          d'you want me to include the two links in your tag?

                                          =====
                                          8) Ayllyth P�obaire 8)

                                        • blkknighti@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                            In a message dated 8/2/01 10:19:31 AM, PÏobaireayllyth@... writes:

                                            << --- Archie/Sebastian <sbstn@...> wrote:
                                            > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from
                                            > Pegasus does that mean the
                                            > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring
                                            > minds want to know. >>

                                            If you use horse feathers, you may not hit the target but everyone believes
                                            you did.

                                            Richard
                                          • Scott Jaqua
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                              Just include the SCA link........

                                              Njall

                                              Scott B. Jaqua

                                              SCA Link http://sjaqua.tripod.com

                                              Gaming Link http://www.geocities.com/sjaqua/
                                              > > I think you well know who Njall is..............
                                              >
                                              > Grin . . . Hugs to you and your Lady wife!
                                              >
                                              > d'you want me to include the two links in your tag?
                                            • Talmon Parker
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                                If you used secretaty bird feathers maybe they could keep score between
                                                rounds At least they have long legs and could run down check the line shots.
                                                Talmon Wilbanks Canton of gated edge ,kingdom of Ansteorra

                                                DER BARON

                                                >From: Carl West at home <eisen@...>
                                                >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                                >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching Theories compilation
                                                >Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 07:43:00 -0400
                                                >
                                                >"Ayllyth P�obaire" wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
                                                > > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved....
                                                > > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
                                                > > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names...
                                                >
                                                >Fritz = Meister Frydherik Eysenkopf, OL, OCT, Sagg, etc.
                                                >Carolingia, East
                                                >

                                                >--
                                                >Carl West
                                                >mailto:eisen@...
                                                >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen
                                                >
                                                >Wann ich aufh�re zu lernen, begrabe mich.

                                              • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                                  I don't know but they stay warm.
                                                  In service to the dream,
                                                  Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                                  eulenhorst@...

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                                    Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will nake your arrow hide in the niddle of someone else's target.

                                                    Cnut

                                                  • John Rockwell
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                                      What about a Raven? Will they fly above your head screeching ?
                                                      Ian Griffen
                                                      james kennedy <hvitabjorn@...> wrote:
                                                      Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will nake your arrow hide in the niddle of someone else's target.

                                                      Cnut

                                                      Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

                                                    • Mike Hornbaker
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                                        Is the raven screeching " Nevermore" ?

                                                        Michael