Re: [SCA-Archery] Got Bored

  • lthrwrk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      In a message dated 8/1/01 11:26:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      japester@... writes:

      > This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
      > after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
      > targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
      > bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
      > er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
      > Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
      > proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
      > circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
      > sight on.

      stuffed animals I am appalled hehehe..

      Damn sure sounds like fun and you can get em cheap at thrift stores.. now
      where did I see that ugllay butted Purple Dino...

      hmmm does the fact it is Purple and I would skewer it mean I have my target
      as the Queen???

      YIS

      Lazarus Wolfdracca
      Leather Merchant
      Shire Midhaven
      (Mt Vernon, WA)
      Kingdom of AnTir
      Charles
      LthrWrk@...
      Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

    • Jack Bradley
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
        As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
        about some being kind of obscene
        Ragnar
        PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

        Chad Wilson wrote:

        > --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
        > > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
        >
        > Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
        > proficient at making now?
        >
        > -Caedmon

        > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

      • GR Auklandus
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          CD's. Lovely response when you hit one. Recommend putting some cloth or something down;
          picking up splinters is a b***h.

          Gaius
          West, Cynagua, Golden Rivers (Sacramento, CA)

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
            In a message dated 8/1/01 2:09:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ragnar@...
            writes:

            > helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
            > As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
            > about some being kind of obscene
            > Ragnar

            Careful.. I hear the ladies are attaching condom balloons to the backstop..

            heheeh

            YIS

            Lazarus Wolfdracca
            Leather Merchant
            Shire Midhaven
            (Mt Vernon, WA)
            Kingdom of AnTir
            Charles
            LthrWrk@...
            Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

          • Carl West at home
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
              Jack Bradley wrote:
              > PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

              Rubber fletching?!?
              Well OK, but I hardly know 'er.
              --
              Carl West
              mailto:eisen@...

              Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
            • Susan Kell
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                Saint Ygraine says: "Practice safe shooting! Practice, practice, practice..."