Re: [SCA-Archery] Got Bored

  • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      > On Aug 01, cwilson@... illuminated with a virtual scribe :

      > We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
      > Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
      > taped it to the target.

      This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
      after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
      targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
      bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
      er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
      Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
      proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
      circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
      sight on. Doesn't stop me gloating when I skewer it first shot though :)

      /Jp...
      --
      Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
      jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        In a message dated 8/1/01 11:26:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        japester@... writes:

        > This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
        > after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
        > targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
        > bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
        > er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
        > Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
        > proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
        > circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
        > sight on.

        stuffed animals I am appalled hehehe..

        Damn sure sounds like fun and you can get em cheap at thrift stores.. now
        where did I see that ugllay butted Purple Dino...

        hmmm does the fact it is Purple and I would skewer it mean I have my target
        as the Queen???

        YIS

        Lazarus Wolfdracca
        Leather Merchant
        Shire Midhaven
        (Mt Vernon, WA)
        Kingdom of AnTir
        Charles
        LthrWrk@...
        Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

      • Jack Bradley
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
          As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
          about some being kind of obscene
          Ragnar
          PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

          Chad Wilson wrote:

          > --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
          > > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
          >
          > Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
          > proficient at making now?
          >
          > -Caedmon

          > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

        • GR Auklandus
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
            CD's. Lovely response when you hit one. Recommend putting some cloth or something down;
            picking up splinters is a b***h.

            Gaius
            West, Cynagua, Golden Rivers (Sacramento, CA)

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
              In a message dated 8/1/01 2:09:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ragnar@...
              writes:

              > helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
              > As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
              > about some being kind of obscene
              > Ragnar

              Careful.. I hear the ladies are attaching condom balloons to the backstop..

              heheeh

              YIS

              Lazarus Wolfdracca
              Leather Merchant
              Shire Midhaven
              (Mt Vernon, WA)
              Kingdom of AnTir
              Charles
              LthrWrk@...
              Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

            • Carl West at home
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                Jack Bradley wrote:
                > PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

                Rubber fletching?!?
                Well OK, but I hardly know 'er.
                --
                Carl West
                mailto:eisen@...

                Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
              • Susan Kell
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                  Saint Ygraine says: "Practice safe shooting! Practice, practice, practice..."