Quivers

  • lthrwrk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hail Archers..

      Does anyone have resources for Quivers?

      New to SCA and am looking to make both a working quiver for myself and a
      Champions Quiver for presentation. Suggestions, links, resources would be
      helpful.

      I did see one that was quite ornate but I think it was dated closer too
      1700.. an Italian one shaped somewhat like a dog bone. didnt seem to do the
      trick so to speak.

      Want to do the Quiver, attachments to a belt, and a accessories pocket or
      pouch to match.

      YIS

      Lazarus Wolfdracca
      Leather Merchant
      Shire Midhaven
      (Mt Vernon, WA)
      Kingdom of AnTir
      Charles
      LthrWrk@...
      Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

    • Colán Kynkade
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        Do you need a pattern or what? I have a very good
        leather quiver pattern that I got from Tandy's that
        would seem to work well for what your looking for but
        its not entirely period but it should do the job. Let
        me know if you are looking for just the pattern.
        Col�n Kynkade

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • lthrwrk@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
          colan_kynkade@... writes:

          > Do you need a pattern or what? I have a very good
          > leather quiver pattern that I got from Tandy's that
          > would seem to work well for what your looking for but
          > its not entirely period but it should do the job. Let
          > me know if you are looking for just the pattern.

          Thanks Colan.. would be nice to see the pattern. Post to the list or.. files
          or ??

          YIS

          Lazarus Wolfdracca
          Leather Merchant
          Shire Midhaven
          Silver Thorn Clan
          Head of Household, Silver Thorn Clan
          (Mt Vernon, WA)
          Kingdom of AnTir
          Charles
          LthrWrk@...
          Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

        • John and Carol Atkins
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2006
            For those interested in quivers, there is this picture posted in the
            photos section of this list http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-
            Archery/photos/view/bdb9?b=5. Look in my photo album here CoG Album,
            at http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Archery/photos/view/eba1?b=6.
            I made this quiver using the shape in the first picture but choose to
            use a stamping pattern instead of the floral type designs on the
            original. I strapped this quiver so that it hangs off a single ring
            off the belt or a strap that goes over the shoulder. It can hold
            about 18 arrows easily.

            cog