Re: [SCA-Archery] Got Bored

  • Chad Wilson
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
      > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting

      Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
      proficient at making now?

      -Caedmon

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        > On Aug 01, cwilson@... illuminated with a virtual scribe :

        > We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
        > Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
        > taped it to the target.

        This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
        after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
        targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
        bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
        er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
        Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
        proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
        circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
        sight on. Doesn't stop me gloating when I skewer it first shot though :)

        /Jp...
        --
        Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
        jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          In a message dated 8/1/01 11:26:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          japester@... writes:

          > This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
          > after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
          > targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
          > bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
          > er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
          > Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
          > proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
          > circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
          > sight on.

          stuffed animals I am appalled hehehe..

          Damn sure sounds like fun and you can get em cheap at thrift stores.. now
          where did I see that ugllay butted Purple Dino...

          hmmm does the fact it is Purple and I would skewer it mean I have my target
          as the Queen???

          YIS

          Lazarus Wolfdracca
          Leather Merchant
          Shire Midhaven
          (Mt Vernon, WA)
          Kingdom of AnTir
          Charles
          LthrWrk@...
          Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

        • Jack Bradley
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
            helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
            As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
            about some being kind of obscene
            Ragnar
            PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

            Chad Wilson wrote:

            > --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
            > > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
            >
            > Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
            > proficient at making now?
            >
            > -Caedmon

            > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

          • GR Auklandus
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
              CD's. Lovely response when you hit one. Recommend putting some cloth or something down;
              picking up splinters is a b***h.

              Gaius
              West, Cynagua, Golden Rivers (Sacramento, CA)

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                In a message dated 8/1/01 2:09:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ragnar@...
                writes:

                > helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
                > As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
                > about some being kind of obscene
                > Ragnar

                Careful.. I hear the ladies are attaching condom balloons to the backstop..

                heheeh

                YIS

                Lazarus Wolfdracca
                Leather Merchant
                Shire Midhaven
                (Mt Vernon, WA)
                Kingdom of AnTir
                Charles
                LthrWrk@...
                Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

              • Carl West at home
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                  Jack Bradley wrote:
                  > PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

                  Rubber fletching?!?
                  Well OK, but I hardly know 'er.
                  --
                  Carl West
                  mailto:eisen@...

                  Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
                • Susan Kell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                    Saint Ygraine says: "Practice safe shooting! Practice, practice, practice..."