Re: [SCA-Archery] Got Bored

  • Jack Bradley
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
      Ragnar two axe

      cwilson@... wrote:

      > There we were at Monday evening practice. Ahern shot a new RR high of 67
      > and IKAC of 162. We were winding down from boredom of shooting at the
      > colored circles, so I got creative.
      >
      > We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
      > Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
      > taped it to the target.
      >
      > This sort of stuff is probably going to become part of our practice
      > warm-downs. Just thought I was share and generate some list traffic.
      >
      > -Caedmon

    • Chad Wilson
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
        > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting

        Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
        proficient at making now?

        -Caedmon

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          > On Aug 01, cwilson@... illuminated with a virtual scribe :

          > We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
          > Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
          > taped it to the target.

          This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
          after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
          targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
          bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
          er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
          Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
          proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
          circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
          sight on. Doesn't stop me gloating when I skewer it first shot though :)

          /Jp...
          --
          Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
          jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
            In a message dated 8/1/01 11:26:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
            japester@... writes:

            > This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
            > after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
            > targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
            > bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
            > er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
            > Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
            > proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
            > circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
            > sight on.

            stuffed animals I am appalled hehehe..

            Damn sure sounds like fun and you can get em cheap at thrift stores.. now
            where did I see that ugllay butted Purple Dino...

            hmmm does the fact it is Purple and I would skewer it mean I have my target
            as the Queen???

            YIS

            Lazarus Wolfdracca
            Leather Merchant
            Shire Midhaven
            (Mt Vernon, WA)
            Kingdom of AnTir
            Charles
            LthrWrk@...
            Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

          • Jack Bradley
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
              helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
              As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
              about some being kind of obscene
              Ragnar
              PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

              Chad Wilson wrote:

              > --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
              > > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
              >
              > Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
              > proficient at making now?
              >
              > -Caedmon

              > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

            • GR Auklandus
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                CD's. Lovely response when you hit one. Recommend putting some cloth or something down;
                picking up splinters is a b***h.

                Gaius
                West, Cynagua, Golden Rivers (Sacramento, CA)

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                  In a message dated 8/1/01 2:09:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ragnar@...
                  writes:

                  > helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
                  > As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
                  > about some being kind of obscene
                  > Ragnar

                  Careful.. I hear the ladies are attaching condom balloons to the backstop..

                  heheeh

                  YIS

                  Lazarus Wolfdracca
                  Leather Merchant
                  Shire Midhaven
                  (Mt Vernon, WA)
                  Kingdom of AnTir
                  Charles
                  LthrWrk@...
                  Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

                • Carl West at home
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                    Jack Bradley wrote:
                    > PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

                    Rubber fletching?!?
                    Well OK, but I hardly know 'er.
                    --
                    Carl West
                    mailto:eisen@...

                    Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
                  • Susan Kell
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                      Saint Ygraine says: "Practice safe shooting! Practice, practice, practice..."