Re: [SCA-Archery] Got Bored

  • James De Warrenne
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      >From: cwilson@...
      >To: sca-archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Got Bored
      >Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:09:49 -0400

      We too have done womething creative here. Try putting 4 or 5 plastic
      bottles on the target and then hitting each in turn. 1 point for touch, 5
      point for hit. Then put out 2 targets (try 20 and 40 yards spaced over 10
      yards apart. Then alternate shotts at the targets. This is great practice
      for combat and target.

      James

      >We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
      >Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
      >taped it to the target.

    • Jack Bradley
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
        Ragnar two axe

        cwilson@... wrote:

        > There we were at Monday evening practice. Ahern shot a new RR high of 67
        > and IKAC of 162. We were winding down from boredom of shooting at the
        > colored circles, so I got creative.
        >
        > We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
        > Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
        > taped it to the target.
        >
        > This sort of stuff is probably going to become part of our practice
        > warm-downs. Just thought I was share and generate some list traffic.
        >
        > -Caedmon

      • Chad Wilson
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
          > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting

          Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
          proficient at making now?

          -Caedmon

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
            > On Aug 01, cwilson@... illuminated with a virtual scribe :

            > We shot from an unknown distance, somewhere around 65 yards I reckoned.
            > Then we threw out a Mt. Dew bottle to the ground and fired at it, then we
            > taped it to the target.

            This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
            after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
            targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
            bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
            er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
            Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
            proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
            circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
            sight on. Doesn't stop me gloating when I skewer it first shot though :)

            /Jp...
            --
            Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
            jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
              In a message dated 8/1/01 11:26:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
              japester@... writes:

              > This has much goodness. :) I remember when I had little space in my car
              > after fitting extra wannabe-archers in that I had no space left for
              > targets, we used sticks with random objects attached to the top. Coke
              > bottles, rags (the redder the better *grin*), milk cartons, small animals,
              > er small *stuffed* animals.... et al.
              > Always good fun and I've found I shoot much better at them than at the
              > proverbial mystery circle beast (the one with red black white and yellow
              > circles) Yes, I know why too. smaller target, and a vertical line to
              > sight on.

              stuffed animals I am appalled hehehe..

              Damn sure sounds like fun and you can get em cheap at thrift stores.. now
              where did I see that ugllay butted Purple Dino...

              hmmm does the fact it is Purple and I would skewer it mean I have my target
              as the Queen???

              YIS

              Lazarus Wolfdracca
              Leather Merchant
              Shire Midhaven
              (Mt Vernon, WA)
              Kingdom of AnTir
              Charles
              LthrWrk@...
              Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

            • Jack Bradley
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
                As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
                about some being kind of obscene
                Ragnar
                PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

                Chad Wilson wrote:

                > --- Jack Bradley <ragnar@...> wrote:
                > > OK so now I don't feel so silly we make balloon animals & go hunting
                >
                > Ragnar, do you fill the bird ones with helium? What animal shapes are you
                > proficient at making now?
                >
                > -Caedmon

                > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

              • GR Auklandus
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                  CD's. Lovely response when you hit one. Recommend putting some cloth or something down;
                  picking up splinters is a b***h.

                  Gaius
                  West, Cynagua, Golden Rivers (Sacramento, CA)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                    In a message dated 8/1/01 2:09:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ragnar@...
                    writes:

                    > helium hummmmm haven't tried that one yet!
                    > As to balloon animal proficiency well not to good We've had some complaints
                    > about some being kind of obscene
                    > Ragnar

                    Careful.. I hear the ladies are attaching condom balloons to the backstop..

                    heheeh

                    YIS

                    Lazarus Wolfdracca
                    Leather Merchant
                    Shire Midhaven
                    (Mt Vernon, WA)
                    Kingdom of AnTir
                    Charles
                    LthrWrk@...
                    Ye want it when M'lady?? Sure step into the ...

                  • Carl West at home
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                      Jack Bradley wrote:
                      > PS we allow rubber fletching ( oh no not that again )

                      Rubber fletching?!?
                      Well OK, but I hardly know 'er.
                      --
                      Carl West
                      mailto:eisen@...

                      Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
                    • Susan Kell
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                        Saint Ygraine says: "Practice safe shooting! Practice, practice, practice..."