Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: off-square nock point?

  • archer3@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2001
      Regardless of whether one is shooting off of a shelf or the hand a low
      nock point results in drag on release that needn't be there. As
      I stated a bit high is better than low.
      If one has time between shooting to let the hand heal abusing the hand
      is all well and good. Each to his/her own. Try shooting for five days
      straight and see how long you last. I'd suggest that if what one is
      doing is causing them pain it may be in order to re-examine that aspect
      of their form.
      Btw, my fletches are tied only, I always wear a glove, I haven't shot
      off of a shelf for years, and I often bow hunt in january.

      "It shouldn't hurt to be an archer."

      Damian >>~~~>