New member

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2001
      Curt Conrad wrote to the list:
      >I am new to this group and seek your advise.

      Welcome, Curt! Here goes! In response to several of your
      questions, I don't know of anything that will lead you to
      information about handbow archery in Germany/Austria in the
      thirteenth through fifteenth centuries. But don't give up
      hope. Not only are there others that might be able to help
      you on this list, but there is another option that is
      frequently done.

      You develop your persona for the time and place you
      desire. You garb yourself for that persona. You center
      almost all your activities, except archery, around that
      persona, at what ever level of accuracy you feel comfortable
      with. And then you shoot archery if and when you want to do
      so, even if it would have been unknown, or almost unknown,
      to your persons. And ignore your detractors, which you will
      get. But then, you will get your detractors even if you are
      doing EVERYTHING right. They will be those that think they
      know everything, and that everyone HAS to do it their way.

      There are plenty of those types around. But you will also
      find that most of the people you meet will not be like that.
      And archers in the archery community will generally open a
      fellow archer into their ranks gladly and quickly. These
      statements may vary from locale to locale. But they are
      generally true. Sorry I couldn't give you any specific
      information to help you develop the persona you want, as a
      Swabian Archer. But you asked the ONE question I don't know
      the answer to.>grin<.

      Evian Blackthorn of THE WEB
      http://www.spider-strands.com
      Editor, Bodkin and Bolt Magazine
      http://www.dskonline.net/bodkin
      APD TEST Site
      http://users.ev1.net/~theweb/apdintro.htm
    • richarddevere@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 20, 2001
        Greetings and Salutations,
        I am Richard de Vere, and I am a new citizen of the Middle
        Kingdom. I served in the East a long time ago, and then left shortly
        before being knighted. I recently came back to the SCA and served
        briefly as a squire under Duke Andrew, before his untimely death. I
        was about to give it all up and get out again, and some friends
        talked me into staying. I have agreed to form a new House with them,
        and work very hard to complete the goals I had originally discussed
        with His Grace, the Duke. Some of my period interests are writing,
        busty wenches, equestrianship, rapier fencing, heavy weapons,
        archery, sciences, and enjoying good food and spirits! ;o) I intend
        to become very active in the Kingdom, and look forward to exchanging
        many posts with all of you.

        Respectfully,
        Richard de Vere
        Noble by Virtue
      • Rachel Cullen
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2006
          Hi everyone
          Im not sure if Im in the right place, but my name is Ebbony and I have
          found a recent interest in archery.
          Im want to know so much about it and where I can get the gear from,
          how much its going to cost me and more.
          Ive only done it under instruction and have not owned my own gear.
          Im 15 years old and live in country SA.
          Cant wait to buzz you all for info
          Cheers
          Ebbony
        • Carolus
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2006
            If you have an interest in Archery, this is the right place. We are
            primarily focused on archery in the SCA which means traditional
            archery as practiced in renaissance and middle ages Europe. Your
            message was not clear where you live, if you could be more specific
            we could better answer your questions.
            Carolus

            At 12:42 AM 12/2/2006, you wrote:

            >Hi everyone
            >Im not sure if Im in the right place, but my name is Ebbony and I have
            >found a recent interest in archery.
            >Im want to know so much about it and where I can get the gear from,
            >how much its going to cost me and more.
            >Ive only done it under instruction and have not owned my own gear.
            >Im 15 years old and live in country SA.
            >Cant wait to buzz you all for info
            >Cheers
            >Ebbony

            >Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            >12/1/2006 1:12 PM

          • Eileen Procter
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 3, 2006
              Morning Ebbony,
              I am assuming from you address that you are from Lochac. You should get in
              touch with your local captain of archers. His name is Delamar and his
              contact details are on the Lochac Archers website:
              http://www.sca.org.au/archers where you will also find lots of useful
              information on archery in Lochac.
              Welcome to the light side
              Sabine

              Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
              http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_dec_meet&_m=EXT
            • Hobbe
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 3, 2006
                I'm guessing Riverland SA, is Australia.
                That puts you in the kingdom of Lochac.
                http://www.sca.org.au/lochac/
                Most likely in the Barony of Innilgard.
                http://www.sca.org.au/innilgard/
                -Hobbe

                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel Cullen"
                <thecullenclan@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone
                > Im not sure if Im in the right place, but my name is Ebbony and I
                have
                > found a recent interest in archery.
                > Im want to know so much about it and where I can get the gear from,
                > how much its going to cost me and more.
                > Ive only done it under instruction and have not owned my own gear.
                > Im 15 years old and live in country SA.
                > Cant wait to buzz you all for info
                > Cheers
                > Ebbony

              • Luigi Kapaj
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 4, 2006
                  I have a friend interested in finding whistle arrowheads.

                  I remember someone having one at Pennsic a few years back, believe he
                  brought it to the range for Neko's Korean style shoot.

                  If you could put us in touch with anyone who makes them, or this person who
                  had one, it would be very helpful.

                  Puppy
                  http://www.NYCMongol.com