re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 656

  • theogre@intsvc.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2001
      M'lord Alan,
      I also have the AZ EZ Fletcher and it is OK...and I even live here in AZ! But my all time favorite is the Martin Multifletch Jig. It is very nice and about the same price as the EZ Fletch. It is a circular base with an 3 way adjustable knock setting. Around the bowl are flanges that correspond to 3 and 4 fletch settings (even the 4 fletch can be set for both standard degree positions). The rig comes with 4 support columns that fit these flanges supporting the shaft at the center. The top bowl matches the bottom with its own set of flanges. Snap all this together with the captive shaft in place. THEN, this is the nice part, you can worry about the glue. There are 4 inserts that take the fletching and, when glued, these slide snuggly into the column slots right up along the shaft. It is great and a little easier than the juggling act with the EZ Fletch. Martin archery makes this in four types-2 for vanes and 2 for feathers. In addition to all this, the inserts are combo helical or straight, dependiModel J-31 is for right helical/straight feathers OR left helical/straight feathers. It has the same model number so you need to be specific. I found mine at a place called Four Peaks Traditional Archery in Mesa, AZ. It is a very unique place and doesn't to a lot of mail order business. But he was an authorized Martin Archery dealer. Mine ran about $32.00 4 years ago. Now I'm using it...slightly modified for the absence of knocks...for the crossbow bolts with 2 fletch by just omitting 2 of the 4 fletch columns.
      Best of luck in your quest. Keep your bowstring waxed and may your shafts find the gold. :-)

      Cordially,

      Philip of Kentshire, the Obscure
      Atenveldt_Barony of SunDragon

      "Pris de fer, Riposte!"