Re: [SCA-Archery] continuious string jig

  • BaryandLea Sears
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 12, 2001
      many thanks. you've save me a lot of work.

      barre

      psobaka@... wrote:

      > If you had it made the same length as the prod you had it made to long.
      > Needs to be 2" shorter IIRC.
      > plachoya
      > >do you make crossbow strings the same way? I convinced a person at a
      > non-SCA to
      > >make me a crossbow string. Even though she made to the length I specified,
      > >which is the length of the prod, it still came out too long.
      > >
      > >Barre fitzRobert
      > >
      > >Brad Boda d'Aylward wrote:
      > >
      > Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra

    • James W. Pratt Jr.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 19, 2001
        For all making crossbow strings. For the Gladius 2316 prod 27 inches is
        about right. That means about 27 1/4 to the ouside of the pins(watch the
        pins do not move as you wind the skeen) in the skeen befor serving. 26 3/4
        (inside the loops) after three layers of serving on the ends and four in the
        middle. Then it will go to 27 after shooting. This will work for most of
        Gladuis short prods. I have not done a Barnet style fiberglass in a long
        time you need bigger loops for them.

        James Cunningham