Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Fletchers

  • Patrick Tolen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 8, 2001
      jrosswebb1@... wrote:

      > I too, will trumpet the praises of the Bitzenberger as a superb
      > fletching jig.
      > I had two of the jo-jan multi-fletchers, but I found them too difficult
      > to set up so that the inside shafts lined up well and sold both of them
      > to a fellow that likes them (I guess he figured out how to set them
      > up,..damned if I could!).
      > I only have one Bitz and can't afford to spend the 8 to 900.00 to outfit
      > myself with twelve. What I have done is buy the J-8 fletching jig (a
      > poor man's Bitzenberger) and I was able to acquire 12 of them which I
      > have attached on a large board. This is a plastic fletching jig of a
      >
      > If money is no object then go with the metal Bitzenberger, but if
      > you are on a bit of a budget, you might want to try the J-8's.
      > -Geoffrei St. Albans of Eastwood

      Where can one find these J-8's ? Or the Bitzenbergers?

      --
      L. Patrick of Avebury
      Calafia

      Pat

      Space/Time Art
      http://www.spacetimeart.com

    • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 8, 2001
        www.3riversarchery.com of course :) Under 'Fletchers/Choppers/Burners'

        Baronial Web Minister http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org
      • greytaylor@worldnet.att.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 8, 2001
          > Where can one find these J-8's ? Or the Bitzenbergers?
          >
          > --
          > L. Patrick of Avebury
          > Calafia
          > CAID

          The Bitzenburger fletching jig is available from just about any
          archer supplier. Although I detest doing business with them F/S
          Archery shows them at $58.50 in their catalog.
          Valley Traditional Archery Supply (excelent company, btw,
          www.valleytradarchery.com ) lists the Bitz for $65.95 and the Martin
          J-8 for $31.50.

          Taillear
        • Ctopher069@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 10, 2001
            I have the J-8 fletcher .. i can tell you you dont want it .. Stay
            away from it. Out of al my archery equioment i have its one peice i wish i
            did not have.

            Ailgenan