Re: [SCA-Archery] Rattan Long bow

  • Jaime Tiampo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
      Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

      > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
      >
      > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
      > >
      > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
      > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
      > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
      > I have attached the original article here.

      The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
      link to the web address?

      Jaime
    • Jaime Tiampo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
        Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

        > > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :
        >
        > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
        > >
        > I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows. What
        > do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
        > which will always be appreciated!

        I'm at least interested in the construction of them, their durability
        and quility.

        Jaime
      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
          Jaime Tiampo wrote:

          > Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
          > >
          > > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
          > >
          > > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
          > > >
          > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
          > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
          > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
          > > I have attached the original article here.
          >
          > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
          > link to the web address?
          >
          > Jaime

          There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
          www.dellarco.com/
          go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

          Jon
        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
            John Edgerton wrote:

            > Jaime Tiampo wrote:

            > > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
            > > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
            > > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
            > > > I have attached the original article here.
            > >
            > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
            > > link to the web address?
            > >
            > > Jaime
            > >

            > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
            > www.dellarco.com/

            The full address should have been. www.dellarco.com/ontarget/

            Jon

            > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".
            >
            > Jon

          • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
              > On Jun 04, John Edgerton illuminated with a virtual pen :

              > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
              > > link to the web address?
              > >
              > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
              > www.dellarco.com/
              > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

              that was the page I was referring to, however I only have a local copy of
              it and couldn't find a reference to the url in the page. Thank you John :)

              /jp...
              --
              Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
              jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy