Re: [SCA-Archery] Rattan Long bow

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
      Greetings

      What about rattan long bows?

      Jon

      John Rockwell wrote:

      > Sir Jon
      >
      > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
      >
      > phxrock@...
      >
      > YIS
      > Ian Griffen

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
        Greetings

        What about rattan longbows?

        Jon

        Jaime Tiampo wrote:

        > John Rockwell wrote:
        > >
        > > Sir Jon
        > >
        > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
        >
        > If you could contact me on this aswell I would appreciate it.
        >
        > Jaime

      • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
          > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :

          > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??

          I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
          desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
          similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
          I have attached the original article here.

          /jp...
          --
          Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
          japester@... || Thaumaturgy

        • Jaime Tiampo
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
            Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

            > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
            >
            > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
            > >
            > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
            > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
            > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
            > I have attached the original article here.

            The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
            link to the web address?

            Jaime
          • Jaime Tiampo
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
              Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

              > > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :
              >
              > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
              > >
              > I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows. What
              > do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
              > which will always be appreciated!

              I'm at least interested in the construction of them, their durability
              and quility.

              Jaime
            • John Edgerton
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                Jaime Tiampo wrote:

                > Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
                > >
                > > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
                > >
                > > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
                > > >
                > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                > > I have attached the original article here.
                >
                > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                > link to the web address?
                >
                > Jaime

                There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                www.dellarco.com/
                go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

                Jon
              • John Edgerton
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                  John Edgerton wrote:

                  > Jaime Tiampo wrote:

                  > > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                  > > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                  > > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                  > > > I have attached the original article here.
                  > >
                  > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                  > > link to the web address?
                  > >
                  > > Jaime
                  > >

                  > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                  > www.dellarco.com/

                  The full address should have been. www.dellarco.com/ontarget/

                  Jon

                  > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".
                  >
                  > Jon

                • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                    > On Jun 04, John Edgerton illuminated with a virtual pen :

                    > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                    > > link to the web address?
                    > >
                    > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                    > www.dellarco.com/
                    > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

                    that was the page I was referring to, however I only have a local copy of
                    it and couldn't find a reference to the url in the page. Thank you John :)

                    /jp...
                    --
                    Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
                    jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy