Re: [SCA-Archery] Rattan Long bow

  • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
      > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :

      > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.

      I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows. What
      do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
      which will always be appreciated!

      /jp..
      --
      Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
      jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
        I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
        > > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :
        >
        > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a
        rattan long bow.

        > I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows.
        What
        > do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
        > which will always be appreciated!
        >

        > /jp..
        > --
        > Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
        > jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
        > Democracy is based on the premise that a million men are wiser than
        > one man. How's that again? I missed something? -- Lazarus Long

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
          Greetings

          What about rattan long bows?

          Jon

          John Rockwell wrote:

          > Sir Jon
          >
          > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
          >
          > phxrock@...
          >
          > YIS
          > Ian Griffen

        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
            Greetings

            What about rattan longbows?

            Jon

            Jaime Tiampo wrote:

            > John Rockwell wrote:
            > >
            > > Sir Jon
            > >
            > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
            >
            > If you could contact me on this aswell I would appreciate it.
            >
            > Jaime

          • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
              > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :

              > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??

              I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
              desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
              similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
              I have attached the original article here.

              /jp...
              --
              Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
              japester@... || Thaumaturgy
              Democracy is based on the premise that a million men are wiser than
              one man. How's that again? I missed something? -- Lazarus Long

            • Jaime Tiampo
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
                Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

                > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
                >
                > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
                > >
                > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                > I have attached the original article here.

                The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                link to the web address?

                Jaime
              • Jaime Tiampo
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
                  Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

                  > > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :
                  >
                  > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
                  > >
                  > I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows. What
                  > do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
                  > which will always be appreciated!

                  I'm at least interested in the construction of them, their durability
                  and quility.

                  Jaime
                • John Edgerton
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                    Jaime Tiampo wrote:

                    > Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
                    > >
                    > > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
                    > > >
                    > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                    > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                    > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                    > > I have attached the original article here.
                    >
                    > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                    > link to the web address?
                    >
                    > Jaime

                    There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                    www.dellarco.com/
                    go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

                    Jon
                  • John Edgerton
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                      John Edgerton wrote:

                      > Jaime Tiampo wrote:

                      > > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                      > > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                      > > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                      > > > I have attached the original article here.
                      > >
                      > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                      > > link to the web address?
                      > >
                      > > Jaime
                      > >

                      > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                      > www.dellarco.com/

                      The full address should have been. www.dellarco.com/ontarget/

                      Jon

                      > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".
                      >
                      > Jon

                    • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                        > On Jun 04, John Edgerton illuminated with a virtual pen :

                        > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                        > > link to the web address?
                        > >
                        > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                        > www.dellarco.com/
                        > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

                        that was the page I was referring to, however I only have a local copy of
                        it and couldn't find a reference to the url in the page. Thank you John :)

                        /jp...