Re: [SCA-Archery] Rattan Long bow

  • Jaime Tiampo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
      John Rockwell wrote:

      > Sir Jon
      >
      > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.

      If you could contact me on this aswell I would appreciate it.

      Jaime
    • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
        > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :

        > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.

        I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows. What
        do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
        which will always be appreciated!

        /jp..
        --
        Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
        jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
          I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
          > > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :
          >
          > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a
          rattan long bow.

          > I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows.
          What
          > do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
          > which will always be appreciated!
          >

          > /jp..
          > --
          > Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
          > jeanpaul@... || Thaumaturgy
          > Democracy is based on the premise that a million men are wiser than
          > one man. How's that again? I missed something? -- Lazarus Long

        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
            Greetings

            What about rattan long bows?

            Jon

            John Rockwell wrote:

            > Sir Jon
            >
            > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
            >
            > phxrock@...
            >
            > YIS
            > Ian Griffen

          • John Edgerton
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
              Greetings

              What about rattan longbows?

              Jon

              Jaime Tiampo wrote:

              > John Rockwell wrote:
              > >
              > > Sir Jon
              > >
              > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
              >
              > If you could contact me on this aswell I would appreciate it.
              >
              > Jaime

            • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
                > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :

                > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??

                I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                I have attached the original article here.

                /jp...
                --
                Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
                japester@... || Thaumaturgy

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
                  Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

                  > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
                  >
                  > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
                  > >
                  > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                  > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                  > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                  > I have attached the original article here.

                  The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                  link to the web address?

                  Jaime
                • Jaime Tiampo
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 3, 2001
                    Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

                    > > On Jun 02, John Rockwell illuminated with a virtual pen :
                    >
                    > > When you have time please contact me off list about construction of a rattan long bow.
                    > >
                    > I may not be a John or a sir, but I am also playing with rattan bows. What
                    > do you guys want to know? or do you have info you could send my way?
                    > which will always be appreciated!

                    I'm at least interested in the construction of them, their durability
                    and quility.

                    Jaime
                  • John Edgerton
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                      Jaime Tiampo wrote:

                      > Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > On Jun 03, Robert illuminated with a virtual pen :
                      > >
                      > > > I'm completely new to the SCA.....How do you make a bow out of Rattan??
                      > > >
                      > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                      > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                      > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                      > > I have attached the original article here.
                      >
                      > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                      > link to the web address?
                      >
                      > Jaime

                      There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                      www.dellarco.com/
                      go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

                      Jon
                    • John Edgerton
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                        John Edgerton wrote:

                        > Jaime Tiampo wrote:

                        > > > I found a link on the net that describes them. Very similar to making 'D'
                        > > > desction, just allow for the extra flexibility of the rattan. It's very
                        > > > similar in that sense to bamboo but not hollow.
                        > > > I have attached the original article here.
                        > >
                        > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                        > > link to the web address?
                        > >
                        > > Jaime
                        > >

                        > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                        > www.dellarco.com/

                        The full address should have been. www.dellarco.com/ontarget/

                        Jon

                        > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".
                        >
                        > Jon

                      • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                          > On Jun 04, John Edgerton illuminated with a virtual pen :

                          > > The attachment has been deleted by the list server... could you send the
                          > > link to the web address?
                          > >
                          > There is a good article on ratan bows at the On target on Line site.
                          > www.dellarco.com/
                          > go to "tips for the range" then "bows".

                          that was the page I was referring to, however I only have a local copy of
                          it and couldn't find a reference to the url in the page. Thank you John :)

                          /jp...