Re: "period targets and goose feathers"

  • Judi McFarlandHudson
    Message 1 of 34 , May 22, 2001
      > In the japanese middle ages the competition or ceremonial targets
      were
      > dummies shaped as animals, or square pieces of wood (yabusame,
      mounted
      > archery), leaves, flowers, straw bales, doorways (sanjusangendo
      > competition), fans, for some shoots even live dogs were used
      (iunemono).
      > Only the imagination was and is the limit.

      Kind gentles,
      Where can I get more info on this (yabusame) target spoken of? I went
      to the Ft. Dodge Archery Festival and took some of the mounted
      classes there. They used a LARGE round hay tower with oversized
      targets. I need to start getting more traditional with my equipment.
      I'm planning on doing some demos with my horse (Southdowns, Meridies)
      on this subject in the next year or so.

      Please send me the info directly, as I am set for web-read only.
      ggarrett@...

      Much thanks,
      Genvieve d'Argent Chene
    • Judi McFarlandHudson