Re: [SCA-Archery] Your Favorite Archery Shoot

  • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
    Message 1 of 56 , May 10, 2001
      At 3:46 PM 5/10/01 -0700, Ayllyth "a'P√Ćobaire" wrote:
      >Has any event had a Papingo Shoot yet?
      >
      >=====

      I am sure what this one is, but we shoot at the "Popinjay" every year at
      Naevehjem Anniversary. Just a fun thing using provided flu-flu arrows to
      keep them within the fence of the 2.5 acre area we use. We do not actually
      shoot at the popinjay at the top of the pole itself (a parrot pinyata that
      is a no-shoot where a hit costs the archer points), but at an array of
      small stuffed animals, usually birds, suspended from a dowel near the top
      of a 24-foot pole. The archers are required to shoot from a line near the
      base of the pole so that they have to shoot almost vertically upward, but
      are not right under the targets to minimize the chance of the arrow falling
      back on the archer. Somewhat different and rather popular.

      James
      jotl@...
    • Brett Wilson
      Message 56 of 56 , May 31, 2001
        Just wanted to let you all know that you missed a great time over Memorial
        Day weekend in the Outlands. Grand Outlandish was great fun.

        Damian, Steitan, and all the Outlands crew, Thanks for everything.

        Leif of Crescent Moon
        Calontir archer