RE: Archery Fittness

  • rstaggs@ece.arizona.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 3:02 PM
      Greetings,
      An excercise that I do to keep my upper body and shoulders well
      stretched is Doorframe Push Ups. To do this excercise, stand in
      front
      of an open doorway with both arms out in front of you about shoulder
      high and each hand, palm down, pressed against each side of the
      doorframe. Keeping both feet and legs together, lean into the
      doorway
      and let your arms slowly allow you upper body to enter and go thru
      the
      doorway opening. As you lean into the doorway, flex your back
      muscles. When your pecs, delts and other chest muscles and ligiments
      feel like they are at full extension, but not to the point of pain,
      use only your arms and push your upper body back thru the doorway,
      flexing your chest muscles, until you're standing upright with your
      arms extended again. For the first week do 10 reps and add 10 each
      week.
      Free weights are good for shoulders and the rotorcuff. Straight arm
      lifts to the front and to the side up to shoulder height are great if
      you don't try to lift more than five pounds to start with. There are
      many good excercises that you can do to improve your strength and
      stamina. The NAA website has a listing of such excercises. As with
      any excercise program, don't over do.

      Yours in service;

      Ldy Germaine Sylverbyrd of Staghurst
      Kingdom of Atenveldt