Re: [SCA-Archery] Nocks

  • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
      > On Apr 17, skyecal@... illuminated with a virtual pen :

      > I'm running into problems with the taper tool. It seems to chew the
      > wood up a bit further than the nock covers. Is this normal?

      not at all ;) It's showing you that that blade on your taper tool is
      getting blunt. Two solutions, replace it - if you can. I cannot find new
      blades for my two taper tools, so I go the sharpening way. IF you can find
      a soft waterstone, or leather strop and use them to polish the edge
      of the blade back to razor sharpness.

      > Should
      > the end of the arrow go completely up into the nock? I have a tiny
      > bit of space at the top.

      I find the little bit of space does not matter, just so long as they knocks
      are straight on the shaft and that you have enough surface area for the glue
      to bond the nock to the shaft.

      /Jp...
      --
      Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
      japester@... || Thaumaturgy