Making a shooting glove

  • Carl West at home
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9 10:09 PM
      I just did up a (89k) .jpg that gives a rough pattern, pointers and pictures of the glove I use. It's not a detailed, step-by-step, but it's certainly enough to get you into trouble. ;)

      http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen/3fingerglove.jpg

      It's not a period glove, but it works and it's not mundane looking.
      g'night.

      -Fritz
      --
      Carl West
      mailto:eisen@...

      Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10 6:05 AM
        --- Carl West at home <eisen@...> wrote:
        > I just did up a (89k) .jpg that gives a rough
        > pattern, pointers and pictures of the glove I use.
        > It's not a detailed, step-by-step, but it's
        > certainly enough to get you into trouble. ;)
        >
        > http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen/3fingerglove.jpg
        >
        > It's not a period glove, but it works and it's not
        > mundane looking.

        Yes, thank you, that will help!

        =====
        8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
        Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
        For your next feast and/or revel, visit
        http://www.thewildoats.com !

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Lady Phoebe apo Korinthos
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10 6:31 AM
          Thank you, now all I got to do is to find some leather........ :)

          At 12:09 AM 4/10/2001, you wrote:
          >I just did up a (89k) .jpg that gives a rough pattern, pointers and
          >pictures of the glove I use. It's not a detailed, step-by-step, but it's
          >certainly enough to get you into trouble. ;)
          >
          >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen/3fingerglove.jpg
          >
          >It's not a period glove, but it works and it's not mundane looking.
          >g'night.
          >
          >-Fritz
          >--
          >Carl West
          >mailto:eisen@...
          >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen
          >
          >Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.

          >Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

          Mesa ypiresia eis arthro oneiro

          Lady Phoebe apo Korinthos, AoA
          i syzygos II apo HL Martinus Draco Byzantios
          Domus Draco Byzantios
          Exchequer for Kolegio Bellewode
          Basileio Calontir

          mka Trudy Monet

          AOL IM Screen Name: MKstmouse
          Yahoo Pager: Kevinstmouse
          ICQ#: 21893812
          Odigo#: 3115965

        • John Rockwell
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10 7:36 PM
            I went to the site and wasn't able to see the pic.

            Ian Griffen

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10 10:06 PM
              Hmm.. try again? worked for me, and others I think. What do you get?
              Fritz

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 16 9:32 PM
                "Ayllyth a'Píobaire" wrote:

                > well, they had to have used *something* if they didn't
                > want their fingertips to eventually wear off... ;)

                I'm not certain of that. If you start light and shoot constantly, I think you can build appropriate callus. If I had callus on my fingers lke I do on my heels, I could shoot my heavy bow without a glove.

                > ...(hard to tell from
                > your pictures, sorry). i don't know how you had the
                > wrist tying together,

                So sorry, that wasn't clear. I put that picture together in a hurry (about 90 minutes from taking the pictures to posting it).
                I've added some text describing how the wrist closure works and corrected a small error in the hole layout on the back ends of the fingers.