Stance, was Re: Glasses

  • Ayllytha'Píobaire
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
      --- Carolus von Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...>
      wrote:
      > On the other hand this can put inconsistant
      > diferential pressure of the bowstring affecting the
      > flight of the arrow. Quartering or opening of the
      > stance has much less effect when the shoulder is
      > properly rotated and the elbow turned outward. This
      > solution eliminates or minimizes string slap, bow
      > creep, 'titty whack', and other nasties. Of course,
      > like other aspects of form, it must be learned,
      > practiced, and performed rigorously to work.

      And when one's elbow doesn't naturally turn out, one
      has to just live with the joint discomfort until the
      shoulder gets used to it....

      ....though it doesn't ache as badly as i was afraid.
      And having my arm that way *does* feel much more secure.

      =====
      8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
      Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
      For your next feast and/or revel, visit