Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Hit offset from aim

  • Brad Boda d'Aylward
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Hit offset from aim

      >> Um, but i *do* touch my face when i draw -- or my
      >> head, anyway. i discovered if i anchor to my cheek,
      >> the string rips my glasses off my face. (my
      >> prescription is -14 diopters; there's nothing i can do
      >> to make my specs get out of the way!)
      >
      >My string touches the corner of my mouth. That 1/2" that you are
      >away from your face because of your glasses will cause a problem. I
      >might recommend that rather that aiming for the center of the gold
      >that you aim more between the red and the blue to compensate (move
      >towards 3 o'clock). That's what I had to do initially until my form
      >came back.
      >
      >Michael

      I anchor at the corner of my mouth which brings the string right down in
      front of my eye. Anchoring any farther back and I also loose my glasses.

      Brad
    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 67 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
        --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
        > Njall (archery pusher, "here just shoot a couple of
        > arrows, it will really
        > mess you up!")

        You sound like Megan and her inkle-weaving... ;)

        It's not like you have to push any of us very hard, though!

        =====
        8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
        Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
        For your next feast and/or revel, visit