While on the subject of Huns, and Mongols, and Magyars...

  • MCARTHUR JAMES
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
      ...bows, that is...does anyone have any experience
      (either personal or second hand) with the Horsebosw
      (as in the name of the maker? I know that there was
      just now a recent, positive comment re same; any other
      opinions? Are they worth the money?

      William

    • Sandra Jaqua
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
        Just ask my husband, he's nigh unto impossible to stop his gushing over
        his. *wink* Funny thing is, I concur. He ordered his horsebow, and received
        it on either a Tuesday or Weds. I think he shot about a half hour of
        practice with it that week. He came in the house afterwards, exclaiming "I
        LOVE this bow!" That weekend, he used it at the Gyldenholt Baronial Archery
        Championship. And won, in stiff competition. He says "You'll have to pry it
        out of my cold dead hands to take it from me." Kind of like my feelings for
        my crossbow.
        On his urging (ok, stronger than that) I bought a Hun Sport. It draws
        more smoothly than any bow I've ever played with. No stacking. I've yet to
        smack my arm with it, and with every other recurve and longbow I've ever
        used I would end every practice or competition with a bruise, even wearing
        an arm gaurd. I'm trying to "get over" my habitual flinch caused by that.
        Now if only I was a good archer......
        Allesaundra de Crosthwaite

      • PLUNKETTARCHER@WEBTV.NET
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
          GREETINGS TO ALL. YES , I HAVE A BIT OF EXPERIENCE WITH THE " HORSE
          BOWS". I HAVE IN MY ARSENAL AT THE PRESENT TIME, A 45# TALL MAGYAR (USED
          BY ME), A 30# SCYTHIAN ( USED BY MY GRANDDAUGHTER), AN OTHER 40#
          SCYTHIAN (DRAWING 80# @ 20") ON MY 3RD CENT, BC HAN CROSSBOW, AND A
          MODIFIED MAGYAR SPORT ( 50# NOW 125# VERY SHORT SYIAHS) TO BE USED ON A
          CROSSBOW! ONE EAR GOT BROKEN IN HALF. PRESTO, SIMPLE MODIFICATION. EARS
          NOW 1 1/2" LONG. YES, I REALLY ENJOY THE BOWS. THEY ARE A GOOD VALUE FOR
          THE PRICE. AND THEY LOOK BETTER THAN THOSE " LONG WOOD STICKS". THEY
          SHOOT LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE. GO FOR IT. YIS, LORD ABNER DE PLUNKETT
        • Ayllytha'Píobaire
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
            --- PLUNKETTARCHER@... wrote:
            > THE PRICE. AND THEY LOOK BETTER THAN THOSE " LONG
            > WOOD STICKS". THEY
            > SHOOT LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE. GO FOR IT. YIS, LORD
            > ABNER DE PLUNKETT

            Hey, now. i happen to prefer those 'long wood sticks'
            -- i love their efficient simplicity.

            =====
            8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
            Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
            For your next feast and/or revel, visit
            http://www.thewildoats.com !

          • woolyfsh
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
              I have a Magyar sport ... I will use it as a demo bow and nothing else. Unlike
              others I am not impressed by the performance, cast, or shock qualities of the
              weapon. I would say that it was a good starter bow if it was not for the price.

              Just my opinion,
              Nicetas

              ...bows, that is...does anyone have any experience
              (either personal or second hand) with the Horsebosw
              (as in the name of the maker? I know that there was
              just now a recent, positive comment re same; any other
              opinions? Are they worth the money?

              William

              Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows