Re: [SCA-Archery] Hit offset from aim

  • Ayllytha'Píobaire
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
      --- Hjalmar Brandenburg <da_viking66@...>
      wrote:
      > Based on the information above it seems that you are
      > drawing you bow and the
      > string is beside your face. You may want to draw to
      > your chin instead. That
      > way you can have the string in front of your eye.
      > This makes a shift to the
      > right for a right handed shooter. This will also
      > 'get around' the glasses
      > issue.

      Yesterday at practise a Lord was kind enough to a)move
      my nock point then and there (i'd've probably
      forgotten again) and b) give me some pointers about
      anchoring. He pointd out that i'm touching my thumb,
      but that would still let my fingers move, rotating
      around my thumb, and suggested to make sure i feel my
      fingers against my cheek when drawing. Hey! That make
      the anchor feel very stable and consistent (course, i
      lost my bowarm when i did that, but one thing at a
      time!)

      i also looked on purpose, and found that with the was
      i'm holding the bow, cocked to the right, there's no
      way for me to draw across the front of my face or
      body, so my glasses (and other bits ;} ) should be
      safe. A pleasant fillip i discovered: when i anchored
      to the corner of my jaw, feeling thumb and two fingers
      (i use a two-finger draw, it just feels more
      comfortable), i seem to finally be sighting straight
      down the arrow. before my shoulders got tired, i was
      shooting pretty good.

      =====
      8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
      Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
      For your next feast and/or revel, visit
      http://www.thewildoats.com !

    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 67 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
        --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
        > Njall (archery pusher, "here just shoot a couple of
        > arrows, it will really
        > mess you up!")

        You sound like Megan and her inkle-weaving... ;)

        It's not like you have to push any of us very hard, though!

        =====