Re: [SCA-Archery] Hit offset from aim

  • Ayllytha'Píobaire
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
      --- MtLion <MtLion@...> wrote:
      > There are other Archers who use wheelchairs or sit
      > down and shoot.
      > This weekend at Emerald Keep's event, after the
      > Archery tourny was over a
      > few of us were trying different positions --
      > crouching, kneeling, sitting,
      > and laying down. Surprisingly we had fairly good
      > aims and target hits.

      M'Lord is using the fact that he has to sit to shoot
      to convince me that he deserves a Magyar horse-bow --
      the fact that he has Magyar blood he adds on top like
      a cherry on a sundae.

      he has discovered that he can shoot well sitting, but
      when he gets a bee in his bonnet and shifts to a
      standing stance (he *can* stand, it's just painful and
      dangerous) his accuracy goes right out the window.

      =====
      8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
      Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
      For your next feast and/or revel, visit
      http://www.thewildoats.com !

    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 67 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
        --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
        > Njall (archery pusher, "here just shoot a couple of
        > arrows, it will really
        > mess you up!")

        You sound like Megan and her inkle-weaving... ;)

        It's not like you have to push any of us very hard, though!

        =====