Re: [SCA-Archery] Hit offset from aim

  • Hjalmar Brandenburg
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001

      > Um, but i *do* touch my face when i draw -- or my
      > head, anyway. i discovered if i anchor to my cheek,
      > the string rips my glasses off my face. (my
      > prescription is -14 diopters; there's nothing i can do
      > to make my specs get out of the way!)
      >
      > But i'll double-check, or have someone check -- maybe,
      > in trying to keep my eyes on my face, i've screwed
      > myself up.

      Based on the information above it seems that you are drawing you bow and the
      string is beside your face. You may want to draw to your chin instead. That
      way you can have the string in front of your eye. This makes a shift to the
      right for a right handed shooter. This will also 'get around' the glasses
      issue.

      Question: What do you use to aim? As an example when I shoot I have the
      string lined up with the point of the arrow to where I need to be aiming on
      the target. From what I sense of your shooting you have the point of the
      arrow but no string in your view when you are aiming. This is not a bad
      thing. But you might find it easier to aim with the string in your view when
      you aim. It can provide a more consistent release point.

      Ulvar
    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 67 of 67 , Apr 2, 2001
        --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
        > Njall (archery pusher, "here just shoot a couple of
        > arrows, it will really
        > mess you up!")

        You sound like Megan and her inkle-weaving... ;)

        It's not like you have to push any of us very hard, though!

        =====
        8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)
        Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
        For your next feast and/or revel, visit