RE: [SCA-Archery] nock bite (was Hit offset from aim)

  • Susan Kell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hi again, Ayllyth -
      Try spacing your fingers a bit above and below the nock of the arrow and
      the nock point. If the nock point is digging into one of your shooting
      fingers, you are probably also experiencing "nock pinch" -- a prime
      contributor to the arrow lifting off the shelf/hand, to misfires, and to
      inconsistent shots. Think of the angle formed by the string as squishing
      your fingers together onto the nock of your arrow -- it is uncomfortable,
      and it also makes it tougher for the arrow to "leave" cleanly because it is
      leaving your pinched fingers instead of just leaving the string. If you
      leave some space between your fingers and the nock on the string, then
      there is some space "available" for the angle of the string to use.
      Just my two farthings...
      -- Ygraine

      Gotta move that nockpoint, though. The pressure of it
      biting into my fingertip is getting irritating. Makes
      me shift my drawing hand, which doesn't help at all!

      (snip)

      =====
      8) Ayllyth a'Piobaire 8)
      Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
      For your next feast and/or revel, visit
      http://www.thewildoats.com !
    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
        --- Susan Kell <susan_kell@...> wrote:
        > Hi again, Ayllyth -
        > Try spacing your fingers a bit above and below the
        > nock of the arrow and
        > the nock point. If the nock point is digging into
        > one of your shooting
        > fingers, you are probably also experiencing "nock
        > pinch" -- a prime

        Well, the problem is that the nockpoint is a good
        centimetre below where i actually place the
        arrow-nock. to avoid the point, i either have to put
        my lower finger up against the arrow, or even further
        away from it. 's why i've *really* got to remember to
        move the point... ;)

        =====
        8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)