books?

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2001
      MtLion <MtLion@...> wrote, "On the non-feather thread question, one comment I have yet to see, is that paper was a very expensive product. Thusly I can see it as a rarity, and not likely that paper/vellum/papyrus fletching would be unlikely for arrows or bolts."
      and in response, Ayllyth a'Píobaire wrote, "However, i have read passing reference to the practise of lifting clan libraries during cattle-raids for the purpose of using the books for fletching."

      Glueing three books on the end of an arrow would make it rather back heavy, wouldn't it? Also, did they glue them on spine out, or spine towards the arrow.?
      Evian Blackthorn
      Virtual Scribe of THE WEB
      www.spider-strands.com
      theweb@...
      evian@...
      and Staff Editor for DSK Online Publications'
      Bodkin and Bolt, An online magazine for
      SCA Archery
      www.dskonline.net/bodkin
      evian@...

    • Ayllytha'Píobaire
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2001
        --- Evian Blackthorn <theweb@...> wrote:
        > Glueing three books on the end of an arrow would
        > make it rather back heavy, wouldn't it? Also, did
        > they glue them on spine out, or spine towards the
        > arrow.?

        Oooh, ooohh! i *knew* when i clicked send that there
        was something there that hadn't sounded right!
        <jumping up and down> Ooooooooo!

        <vbg>

        =====
        8) Ayllyth a'P�obaire 8)