Re: [SCA-Archery] straw rings and willow wands

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 10:10 AM
      Any more information about this new archery location?

      It sounds like, based upon your description, that it is being moved to the
      handicapped parking area!?? Over to the 'left' of My. Eislen instead of at
      it's base.

      Which also happens to move it farther away from, well, everything.

      And will the large batches of people who camp up near the current archery
      field, (like myself), still be allowed to at least walk across the bottom
      of Mt. Eislen to get to said field. Or is someone else being done with all
      the field (more fighting field room??) that will prevent us from doing so,
      and send us all in a big round walk just to get there?

      More information would be nice :)

      Siegfried

      At 12:07 PM 3/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
      >Greetings to all,
      > A couple of you got it right. The straw ring I was referring o is
      >in fact a garland that was traditionally placed on an earthen butt, in
      >our case it will be a saunders mat. The object is to not hit the ring,
      >but the area within it. The wand will also be placed up against a butt.
      >Pennsic archery is going to be in a different place this year, about 100
      >or more yards to the left. I look forward to the new terrain, a little
      >more variety. I understand the clout will be mostly level and almost
      >downhill. All of you Pennsic veterans will have to adjust.
      >I am also told there may be a roving range with some naural
      >surroundings. I am looking forward to these changes.
      >Respectfully,
      >-Geoffrei
      >

      >http://community.webtv.net/jrosswebb1/EASTWINDStribal

      >Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal