Re: [SCA-Archery] Questions

  • D Humberson
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11 10:12 PM
      Ian,

      For a really good primer on the physics of the atlatl, pics of all kinds,
      and a good intro to the sport, try www.atlatl.com. Bob Perkins, known as
      Atlatl Bob, sells his weapons at Pennsic and usually has at least two intro
      classes each year. They are trickier than they seem, but a good thrower can
      reach better than 100 yards with a dart several times heavier than an arrow.

      Ragnar Ketilsson

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12 6:12 AM
        Seeing as there is a lot of help for the longbow part of your question,
        I'll be one of the few with the atlatl part. You might want to try
        Thunderbird Atlatl, he's a merchant from New York and as far as events go
        is one of the few that carries atlatl merchandise that I've run across.
        His email is bob@..., don't know if he has a web site.
        He is a very good merchant as he will fix or replace most of his items if
        you preak them.

        Robert

        > On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:09:48 -0700 "John Rockwell"
        > <phxrock@...>
        > writes:
        > >Greetings to the list members.
        > >
        > >What is happenings the list has been very quite lately.
        > >
        > >I have a couple of questions
        > > Dose any know where I find some information an the
        > >Atlattle(sp?)?
        > >
        > >Looking at the period Longbows were they shot off the hand or was
        > >there some
        > >used as a rest that was held into place by the handle wrapping.
        > >

        > >Ian G.

        > >Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows
        > >Need a bow? Check http://www.baronbows.com/

        > >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • Sam Cohen
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12 7:26 AM
          Hey is this the guy that usualy is set up next to Yumi at War?
          If so then I can also speak for his quality and the amount of
          informaiton he offers.

          Demetrious

        • Carolus von Eulenhorst
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12 4:31 PM
            I believe the world record is around 878 feet set in 1997 or 1998 using a 6 foot aluminum dart from a carbon glass atlatl.
            Carolus von Eulenhorst

            For a really good primer on the physics of the atlatl, pics of all kinds,
            and a good intro to the sport, try www.atlatl.com. Bob Perkins, known as
            Atlatl Bob, sells his weapons at Pennsic and usually has at least two intro
            classes each year. They are trickier than they seem, but a good thrower can
            reach better than 100 yards with a dart several times heavier than an arrow.

            Ragnar Ketilsson

            >From: "John Rockwell" <phxrock@...>
            >To: "SCA- Archery" <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Questions
            >Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:09:48 -0700
            >
            >Greetings to the list members.
            >
            >What is happenings the list has been very quite lately.
            >
            >I have a couple of questions
            > Dose any know where I find some information an the Atlattle(sp?)?
            >
            >Looking at the period Longbows were they shot off the hand or was there
            >some
            >used as a rest that was held into place by the handle wrapping.
            >

            >Ian G.

            >Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

            In service to the dream,
            Carolus von Eulenhorst
          • Kincade Hayt
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13 11:24 PM
              Sorry, wrong Ian, I'm Ian S. from canada...

              http://auctions.yahoo.com/