Re: [SCA-Archery] Questions

  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
      For information on the Atlatl (Aztec word) try looking at sources of
      Mexican and Northamerican archaeology. The earliest documentation I have
      found comes from the Journals of Cortez' soldiers. Additional
      information comes from the Northwest coast tribes and archaeological
      remains of the Mississippi valley and westward. I believe there may also
      be some material in Neanderthal and Cro Magnon digs but those books are
      packed. I would suspect that they would also be found in other cultures
      but I don't have references and starting here should lead you to
      comparisons.
      In service to the dream,
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:09:48 -0700 "John Rockwell" <phxrock@...>
      writes:
      >Greetings to the list members.
      >
      >What is happenings the list has been very quite lately.
      >
      >I have a couple of questions
      > Dose any know where I find some information an the
      >Atlattle(sp?)?
      >
      >Looking at the period Longbows were they shot off the hand or was
      >there some
      >used as a rest that was held into place by the handle wrapping.
      >

      >Ian G.

      >Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

      >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.