Questions

  • John Rockwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
      Greetings to the list members.

      What is happenings the list has been very quite lately.

      I have a couple of questions
      Dose any know where I find some information an the Atlattle(sp?)?

      Looking at the period Longbows were they shot off the hand or was there some
      used as a rest that was held into place by the handle wrapping.

      Ian G.
    • Jack Spinks
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
        As far as the atlatl is concerned- try primitive archer magazine back files.
        Seems like I saw some info there. Address is
        http://www.primitivearcher.com/index.shtml
        They also have quite a bit on how to make various types of primitive
        equipment. As to your second question- I defer to someone else.

        > What is happenings the list has been very quite lately.
        >
        > I have a couple of questions
        > Dose any know where I find some information an the Atlattle(sp?)?
        >
        > Looking at the period Longbows were they shot off the hand or was there
        some
        > used as a rest that was held into place by the handle wrapping.
        >

        > Ian G.

      • Carolus von Eulenhorst
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
          For information on the Atlatl (Aztec word) try looking at sources of
          Mexican and Northamerican archaeology. The earliest documentation I have
          found comes from the Journals of Cortez' soldiers. Additional
          information comes from the Northwest coast tribes and archaeological
          remains of the Mississippi valley and westward. I believe there may also
          be some material in Neanderthal and Cro Magnon digs but those books are
          packed. I would suspect that they would also be found in other cultures
          but I don't have references and starting here should lead you to
          comparisons.
          In service to the dream,
          Carolus von Eulenhorst
          eulenhorst@...

          On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:09:48 -0700 "John Rockwell" <phxrock@...>
          writes:
          >Greetings to the list members.
          >
          >What is happenings the list has been very quite lately.
          >
          >I have a couple of questions
          > Dose any know where I find some information an the
          >Atlattle(sp?)?
          >
          >Looking at the period Longbows were they shot off the hand or was
          >there some
          >used as a rest that was held into place by the handle wrapping.
          >

          >Ian G.

          >Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.