Submitting scores before the season

  • Andre Detommaso
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
      Greetings,

      I have received several requests from Marshals that
      will be running archery at events in March to submit
      scores for the IKAC (the season opens 1 April). I
      would like to notify everyone that I will only accept
      pre-season scores if the Marshal has obtained approval
      in advance by contacting me via email or phone.

      Best regards,

      Lord Lorenzo il Confuso
      Keeper of the InterKingdom Archery Competition

      (IKAC home page at http://www.detommaso.org/ikac )

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • ravn@ravn.mv.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
        Greetings,

        How does one decide how far down to place fletches? Is there an optimum
        distance from the nock, and/or a corresponding rule of thumb? I use
        "traditional"/Pope & Young shape, and up to this point have been placing
        them just far enough down to prevent them from interfering with grabbing
        them. Oddly enough, this is about a thumbs width from the bottom of the
        nock...;).

        At any rate, if anyone has any suggestions/feedback, I thank you in advance.

        In service

        Calum Friseal
        Barony of Stonemarche
      • Ronnie E. Hewitt
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
          Greetings Calum Friseal,
          My fletcher is set at about 1 3/4 from the fletching to the end of the
          nock...My multi-fletcher is set the same as well...seems to be the
          standard...wish ya luck

          Connor O' Connor
          Laird of Family Owls Lair

        • Simon Hondy
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
            Good morning bright and early fletchers,

            I would agree with Connor's findings, on my 11/32nd shaft I have shield
            cuts. Using the distance of 1 3/4" gives plenty of room to hold the nock,
            especially when on the line. On a set I made for my lady, with 5/16ths
            shaft I made the Indian style wedge shaped fletches, much like the Pope and
            Young style. They are 1 1/2" from the end of the nock and we find it is a
            little crowded to hold onto. That extra 1/4 inch would make them 'roomier'
            and easier to grip.

            Simon Hondy
            Baile na Scolairi

            <<From: "Ronnie E. Hewitt" <watashe@...>>>

            > Greetings Calum Friseal,
            > My fletcher is set at about 1 3/4 from the fletching to the end of the
            > nock...My multi-fletcher is set the same as well...seems to be the
            > standard...wish ya luck
            >
            > Connor O' Connor
            > Laird of Family Owls Lair
            >
            > ><< From: ravn@... [mailto:ravn@...]>>
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > How does one decide how far down to place fletches? Is there an optimum
            > > distance from the nock, and/or a corresponding rule of thumb? I use
            > > "traditional"/Pope & Young shape, and up to this point have been placing
            > > them just far enough down to prevent them from interfering with grabbing
            > > them. Oddly enough, this is about a thumbs width from the bottom of the
            > > nock...;).
            > >
            > > At any rate, if anyone has any suggestions/feedback, I thank you
            > > in advance.
            > >
            > > In service
            > >
            > > Calum Friseal
            > > Barony of Stonemarche
          • Mike O'Toole
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
              > How does one decide how far down to place fletches? Is there an
              optimum
              > distance from the nock, and/or a corresponding rule of thumb? I use
              > "traditional"/Pope & Young shape, and up to this point have been
              placing
              > them just far enough down to prevent them from interfering with
              grabbing
              > them. Oddly enough, this is about a thumbs width from the bottom of
              the
              > nock...;).

              One thing you may want to try if you have one of the "pencil sharpener"
              type taper tools is to leave enough room behind the feathers so that you
              can touch up the taper if you happen to break the nock or the nock isn't
              quite straight when you glue it on.

              Michael O'Byrne
            • Kincade Hayt
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2001
                Remember when you fletch your arrows angle the
                feathers so that the arrow spins, that's what keeps it
                flying strail, the spinning, not the feathers themselves...

                http://auctions.yahoo.com/