Pre-season IKAC Report

  • Andre Detommaso
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2001
      *** please pass this on to your individual lists ***

      Greetings from Lord Lorenzo il Confuso, incoming
      Keeper of the IKAC,

      I would first of all like to thank Lord Giovanni Rocco
      for his great work the past two years, and for his
      service to the archery community. I am honored to be
      taking on this role, and continue his excellent work.

      The new season of the IKAC/IKCAC is upon us. The
      season starts on 1 April for the Northern Hemisphere.
      As I take over the job, I am planning the following
      minor changes:

      - The official web site for the IKAC will now be at
      http://www.detommaso.org/ikac. Scores and questions
      can be submitted via email at ikac@....
      Scores and correspondence can also be sent via regular
      mail to Andre Detommaso, 19108 Valley Overlook Ct.
      Knoxville, MD 21758. I can be reached by phone at
      301-834-8242 (nlt 9pm EST.) Score sheet, rules and
      forms will be available from the web site, or by
      contacting me at the address above. In addition, Lord
      Giovanni has indicated that he will continue to
      provide an IKAC resource page from www.dellarco.com
      for the many archers who already consult his excellent
      site.

      - The average of the top three scores from each
      Kingdom will continue to count for the inter-Kingdom
      competition. However, the top score submitted by every
      archer during the season will be shown on the web
      site. The web site will also list for each archer the
      type of weapon used, and if sights were employed.
      Please make sure that you provide this information
      when you submit your new scores. The web site will be
      updated at least once monthly.

      - In addition to the prizes for the archers of the
      winning Kingdom, I will provide medallions for the top
      three archers of each Kingdom. I will also work with
      the Royalty of each Kingdom to provide recognition for
      their top archers. Finally, I would very much like to
      provide some kind of recognition or document for
      everyone who takes the time to submit a score. I am
      looking for ideas from the archery community on the
      best way to provide this.

      There are no changes planned at this time in the
      IKCAC.

      I wish you great success as you go out and represent
      your Kingdom in the upcoming season. I welcome your
      input on all areas of the IKAC and the IKCAC. Please
      do not hesitate to contact me and let me know of your
      comments and suggestions.

      Shoot well!
      - Lorenzo

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/