Period source for patterns, some clothing and other stuff

  • Genvieve d'Argent Chene
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2001
      From: Andrew Lang
      To: Genvieve d'Argent Chene
      Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 11:26 AM
      Subject: Interesting info ...

      Judith ... pass this on to whomever you think would be interested ...

      http://www.5rivers.org/

      They specialize in hand-sewn garments from 500 AD to 1500 AD. They have many, many patterns as well.

      Andy

      All I want is a decent rendering of my device and I can't seem to manage it. Also, did I tell you about the trigger I bought at Pensic? 22 yards of it? My fingers would go into revolt if I tried to tell you now what I've been through with it so far. Needless to say, I went to the discount fabric shop down on Sidney Marcus yesterday and bought 13 more yards. I fully believe that other batch of cloth is cursed. I figure the new purchase might be enough to make the barding for the horse, my torse and mantle and a tabbard.

      Is your lining on yours 100% cotton? One of the ladies down there said it acted like cotton and I was wondering of that made a difference in heat retention, or if that was even a factor in why you used it.

      G'night, I'm going to bed now...

      Judi