Re: [SCA-Archery]breaking and staining

  • Carl (checking home mail from work)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
      paul kaveshan wrote:

      > As for the dayglo orange, I have used that color on my practice arrows and
      > in the 5 years of using it, have not lost a single arrow. Broken yes, lost
      > no.

      If you put the Day-Glo Orange only on the portion of the arrow that's
      covered by the quiver, your 'prettiness factor' will go up. Granted,
      your loss rate will go up a little too, but it's a trade-off that you
      have the choice of making.

      Fritz
    • paul kaveshan
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
        >From: Tanya Sanders <Tanya_Sanders@...>
        >Subject: [SCA-Archery]breaking and staining
        >Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:39:43 -0500

        <snippage throughout>

        > Most of the arrows I break happen at the indoor range I frequent. They
        >use metal plates to hold on the foam panels. When I am at 20 yds I don't
        >miss that often, but in the 40 yd lane I have broken a few on those metal
        >plates. They usually just snap off behind the point. All the modern style
        >archers there also break arrows whether they are aluminum or carbon when
        >they hit those things. Is there
        >any thoughts on the appropriateness (read as periodness) of arrows that are
        >stained different colors. I mean like golden oak or mahogany red, not
        >dayglo orange.
        >
        >Tangwystyl

        Greetings

        I too have broken a few tips at the 40 yard range on one inch wide metal
        stakes holding the targets up. Right behind the tip. The only thing
        everyone on the range could say was "don't hit those" or "aim better" 8-)

        As for the dayglo orange, I have used that color on my practice arrows and
        in the 5 years of using it, have not lost a single arrow. Broken yes, lost
        no.

        Yup, they look funny, but oh well...Aint lost any. 8-)

        Ld James

      • Archie/Sebastian
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2001
          Ld James;

          Try your local pawn shops, that's where I bought mine.

          Don Sebastian
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2001