See you at Estrella

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2001
      I will going to Estrella and I hope to have a chance to meet any of you
      that will also be there. I will be camping with the West. I am teaching
      a class on fiberglass combat shafts on Friday afternoon. When not
      shooting in the battles, I will be spending time at Marshal's point
      doing inspection on missile combat gear. And will also be doing some
      shooting on the target range.

      There will also be a missile combat meeting, at a place and time yet to
      be set, for those that are interested in discussing combat archery.

      Hope to see some of you there.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
    • Mike Catron
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2001
        I am a heavy combat archer here in Ansteorra. I will be going to
        Estrella and will be camping with the Fray. I plan on shooting golf
        tubes there, although within Ansteorra I shoot fiber glass shafts with
        balder blunts. I am interest in both the fiberglass combat shafts class
        and the missile combat meeting as well.

        Michael of the Fray

        John Edgerton wrote:

        > I will going to Estrella and I hope to have a chance to meet any of you
        > that will also be there. I will be camping with the West. I am teaching
        > a class on fiberglass combat shafts on Friday afternoon. When not
        > shooting in the battles, I will be spending time at Marshal's point
        > doing inspection on missile combat gear. And will also be doing some
        > shooting on the target range.
        >
        > There will also be a missile combat meeting, at a place and time yet to
        > be set, for those that are interested in discussing combat archery.
        >
        > Hope to see some of you there.
        >
        > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

        Shop online without a credit card
        http://www.rocketcash.com
        RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary
      • deTovenaar@nederlands.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2001
          Sir Jon.....

          Will you have or do you know if anyone will have completed fiberglass
          combat arrows for sale? I am rather tool-challenged when it comes to
          intricate-type work like that :) I have read all the instructions to
          make them, but my abilities are limited...

          de Jouwe aan Dienst,

          Dirk de Tovenaar,
          Journeyman Chirurgeon, Attenveldt
          Deputy Baronial Chirurgeon designee, Tir Ysgithr
          College Chirurgeon, St.Felix

          =---> www.geocities.com/DdeTovenaar <---=

          =<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=
          Gulles, two bends wavy, and in sinister chief a natural dolphin
          embowed naiant argent
        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9, 2001
            Mike Catron wrote:

            > I am a heavy combat archer here in Ansteorra. I will be going to
            > Estrella and will be camping with the Fray. I plan on shooting golf
            > tubes there, although within Ansteorra I shoot fiber glass shafts with
            > balder blunts. I am interest in both the fiberglass combat shafts class
            > and the missile combat meeting as well.
            >
            > Michael of the Fray

            The fiberglass shaft class is Friday from 1:00 to 2:00. The meeting "may" be
            Sat at the battle field in the early afternoon. .

            Jon
          • John Edgerton
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 9, 2001
              deTovenaar@... wrote:

              > Sir Jon.....
              >
              > Will you have or do you know if anyone will have completed fiberglass
              > combat arrows for sale? I am rather tool-challenged when it comes to
              > intricate-type work like that :) I have read all the instructions to
              > make them, but my abilities are limited...
              >
              > de Jouwe aan Dienst,

              I do not know if anyone will have them at the war. But, I do have an
              address of someone in Trimaris that makes them.

              Jon
            • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 9, 2001
                At 8:28 PM 2/9/01 -0800, John Edgerton wrote:
                >deTovenaar@... wrote:
                >
                >> Sir Jon.....
                >>
                >> Will you have or do you know if anyone will have completed fiberglass
                >> combat arrows for sale? I am rather tool-challenged when it comes to
                >> intricate-type work like that :) I have read all the instructions to
                >> make them, but my abilities are limited...
                >>
                >> de Jouwe aan Dienst,
                >>

                >I do not know if anyone will have them at the war. But, I do have an
                >address of someone in Trimaris that makes them.
                >
                >Jon

                You might check with the Knotch Knocker.

                gwennlex@...

                I know Lex has all the components. It's getting pretty close to the event
                for him to make them up for you, though, if he doesn't already have a
                quantity assembled.

                James
                jotl@...
              • Brad Boda d'Aylward
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 15, 2001
                  Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: See you at Estrella

                  >Sir Jon.....
                  >
                  >Will you have or do you know if anyone will have completed fiberglass
                  >combat arrows for sale? I am rather tool-challenged when it comes to
                  >intricate-type work like that :) I have read all the instructions to
                  >make them, but my abilities are limited...
                  >
                  >de Jouwe aan Dienst,
                  >
                  >Dirk de Tovenaar,
                  > Journeyman Chirurgeon, Attenveldt
                  > Deputy Baronial Chirurgeon designee, Tir Ysgithr
                  > College Chirurgeon, St.Felix

                  Lady Tessa the Huntress of BMDL, AEthelmearc, has expressed an interest in
                  supplying CA arrows to those who have need of them.

                  tessathehuntress@...

                  See what she says.

                  Brad