COH#3

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
      Njall wrote, "How ever you didn't get what I meant by my inclusion of the WS being given by the crown. When you say that the guild structure has nothing to do with the crown, that is what would make it more offensive to some people."
      To which I reply, oh, yes I did! When you said "the one saving grace (or something to that effect) was that it was granted by the crown" I responded in such a way I thought I was indicating the Guild idea didn't EVEN have that 'saving grace'.
      You also wrote, "There are those that would see the guild as a deliberate attempt to circumvent the established SCA awards structure." This also I believe, but would re-word your statement a little more strongly, thus:
      There are those that can easily see the Guild as a deliberate attempt to circumvent the established SCA awards structure, and would have SOME justification for that view, coming as it does IMMEDIATELY after the BOD decided there will not be a Peerage or other SCA wide recognition for Archery, and in the context of having grown out of a report to the list to that effect.
      I DO NOT THINK IT IS A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT, PERSONALLY. Be assured of that.
      Evian Blackthorn
      of THE WEB

    • hamberg@fiber.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
        > There are those that can easily see the Guild as a deliberate
        > attempt to circumvent the established SCA awards structure, and
        > would have SOME justification for that view, coming as it does
        > IMMEDIATELY after the BOD decided there will not be a Peerage or
        > other SCA wide recognition for Archery, and in the context of
        > having grown out of a report to the list to that effect.

        Personally, I think this will involve into a method of creating a
        quasi-peerage for archery and circumvent the BOD and the crown.
        Although I like the idea, I think it will backfire so I would like to
        see Sir Jon continue to push for a peerage (EVEN IF TAKES YEARS).

        Michael