RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Grand Fellowship(draft 2)

  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 77 , Feb 2, 2001
      I have had isimilar experiences in my education. One particular professor insisted on grading on a true curve. This meant that at least one student failed even though he did excellent work. Nobody said a thing expect the student who filed a grievance. Another professor gave 8 A's and 5 B's to a class of 13. He was called on the carpet by the adminstration and we had to prove the level of knowledge he taught us. In that case his inspiration was so great that we busted our butts in the lab every night and ended up knowing more than the MD sent to examine us on the subject. So if the awards are given for excellence in archery, who cares how many there are? The recipients are qualified.
      Carolus von Eulenhorst

      Message 77 of 77 , Feb 5, 2001
        In a message dated 2/5/01 10:23:35 AM Mountain Standard Time,
        hamberg@... writes:

        > Is there a listing of where various kingdom archery events are being
        > held? Something listed by date, kingdom, group, type of event?
        >
        > Michael

        Try the SCA.org page. It has the list of kingdoms throughout
        th eknowne world...If other kingdom sites are like the Outlands
        there will be a calendar of events for the upcoming season.

        Steitan