Re: Grand Fellowship(draft 2)

  • hamberg@fiber.net
    Message 1 of 77 , Feb 2, 2001
      > To elaborate more ... Let's say by the numbers that there is a
      > kingdom in which 25% of the archers have archery awards. When you
      > go to a line filled with archers from said kingdom, and you see
      > every 4th person wearing this award, does it still convey the same
      > meaning, get across the same idea? Or does it start to become so
      > commonplace that you almost stop noticing it?

      If the award is given based upon merit quality does supercede
      quantity. The significant of the award doesn't lose a thing whether
      everybody has the award or whether nobody does. When the award is
      given out it does matter that ALL the deserving recipients recieve
      the award void.

      Case in point. You have everybody busting thier tail in a group and
      as a group they significantly improve the live of all archers in the
      SCA. They help anyone who seek their help, they shoot excellent
      scores, they marshal, attended every event and they are just
      wonderful people/archers. Do you only give one of them the award?
      How do you single out one outstanding individual in a flock of
      outstanding individuals? I don't think a wise king, prince or baron
      would. Giving 99 out of a 100 the award doesn't diminision the
      significance of the award if the recongition is based upon true
      achievement.

      Michael
    • Steitan99@cs.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Feb 5, 2001
        In a message dated 2/5/01 10:23:35 AM Mountain Standard Time,
        hamberg@... writes:

        > Is there a listing of where various kingdom archery events are being
        > held? Something listed by date, kingdom, group, type of event?
        >
        > Michael

        Try the SCA.org page. It has the list of kingdoms throughout
        th eknowne world...If other kingdom sites are like the Outlands
        there will be a calendar of events for the upcoming season.

        Steitan