Re: [SCA-Archery] Guild/fellowship

  • wyvern@megahits.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      > as much for the guild idea. That will have to be determined by how the
      > Peers PERCEIVE the guild. I know, some of you say you don't care how
      > the Peers perceive things. But if you don't, why are you trying to
      > build a quasi-peerage?

      You assume that establishing a society wide guild is necessarily
      the same thing as "building a quasi-peerage" -- it isn't. As the
      person who first brought up the idea of aguild, let me assure you
      that a "quasi-peerage" is the last thing I intended and, if that's the
      way the proposed guild starts to turn, I'm right out of the picture.

      > vehemently opposed to it. And I no longer support the idea of the
      > guild either. Not quite vehemently opposed, but still opposed. I

      With respect, given that the guild only exists as the vaguest
      beginning of an idea, what is there to be opposed to at this early
      stage? Are you so convinced that there is no possible worthwhile
      model under which such a guild could be organized?

      I'm curious as to what could possibly have brought on such a
      sudden and decisive change of heart?

      Macsen

      Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.MedievalMart.com/
      *** BUY *** SELL *** BID *** HAGGLE ***
      Look for the East Kingdom Fundraiser Auction coming soon!
    • Jean-Paul Blaquiere
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        > On Feb 01, Evian Blackthorn scratched in indelible ink :

        <snippety snip another long post>

        Evian, I do appreciate your postings, they are always well thought out and
        constructive, however, I have no idea what to make of this last one. It seems
        to be quoting previous posts of both yours and Ragnars (and possibly others
        too) and I cannot for the life of me work out what is new and what has already
        been said

        /Jean-Paul... budding pointy-thing launcher
        --
        Jean-Paul Blaquière || Avatar of Computational
        japester@... || Thaumaturgy