Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: [SCA-MissileCombat] Grand Fellowship(draft 2)andan idea :)

  • Hugh Prescott
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 7:08 AM
      Greetings Sir jon and all

      Yes all of the Boga awards were given for archery which include spear, knife
      & axe throwing.

      I recall that one Fyrd was giving more for throwing skills more than bow
      skill. The rest pretty much for either bow or crossbow skill.

      Also an Iren (fighting) Fyrd was made recently where the Crown made mention
      of the combat archery abilities of the recipient. Not just for CA but CA was
      mentioned.

      Calontir has a fair number of double Fyrds and a few double Huscarls, these
      representing cross over between the archers and fighters of the Calon Army.

      Note to that skill is not the only requirement for elevation. Attitude,
      actions, honor etc. also have to be there also.

      Remember this is the kingdom where the Royals camp with their army, the
      Royal Pavillion is the armies great hall, Huscarls & Knights still fight in
      the shield wall and if one Fyrd has beer all Fyrd have beer. <grin>

      Hugh Prescott
      double Fyrd, Archer Huscarl