Fw: [SCA-SWAG] Proposal

  • aleksei1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2001
      --------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: aleksei1@...
      To: SCA-SWAG@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:38:20 -0800
      Subject: [SCA-SWAG] Proposal

      My friends,
      I have read much discussion concerning the level at which one could
      become a member of the fellowship and have a suggestion...
      What if we leave the specific level requirements (within reason) to
      the top level archer of each Kingdom (Royal Archer, Captain of Archers,
      or what ever its called locally)? Each would know that we are trying to
      absorb the best they have, be it combat or target, and would be a better
      judge of their local candidates. If there is a GoA or AoA level award in
      the Kingdom, fine...if not, they could decide. I still believe this
      should be an exclusive group consisting of the cream of our archery
      world.
      I also believe that teaching or mentoring should be a major goal of
      the fellowship. I have yet to meet an accomplished archer who doesn't
      spend time guiding others. We must remain accessible to all who wish
      that guidance.
      Shoot straight,
      HL Aleksei Zateev
      An Tir
      TO CONTACT THE MODERATOR STAFF, send an email to:
      ==> SCA-SWAG-owner@egroups.com

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.