Re:cardboard targets

  • ronnie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2001
      subject cardboard targets
      Connon O' Connor mka Ronnie Hewitt
      >>instead of using the thickness in layers for the target...use
      compressed(stacked)layers for the target face....making the length
      from 18-24 inches thick...for bolts may need to be longer...this has
      been used in many naa nfaa tournments sucessfully...when the center
      wears out the middle is replaced not the whole target...using 2x6
      sides 3ft to 4 ft high by 3 to 4 ft wide...using threaded bolts
      equally as long with plywood floor and top of 1/2in and a 2x6 cross
      the top for the cross member...smaller versions can be made out of
      2x4 as i have used these with good success fo rover 25 years in my
      back yard shoot a 75lb recurve and compound bow...this target has
      been shoot in nationals and regional tournments for years ...cheap
      and easy to make...other wise use banded (compress) hay..
      Connor O' Connor