Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: [SCA-MissileCombat] Grand Fellowship(draft 2) and an idea :)

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2001
      M'Lord Michael,
      I am someone that is strongly behind this idea of a Grand
      Fellowship. Let's not intrude where we don't belong,i.e. the sovereignty
      of each kingdom and it's practices of choosing award recipients. Here, I
      feel we would be overstepping. As an individual, you have the right and
      are often welcomed to suggest individuals for honors that are outside of
      your Kingdom to their Crowns. People often like to hear good things said
      about their citizens from travelers.But for this Grand Fellowship to do
      it would appear as though it was trying to be a power. Bad idea.
      -Geoffrei

      From: hamberg@...
      Jon,
      (snip), have you ever thought of creating an automated method for
      reporting potential candidates to the crown? Something that can list all
      the individuals that might be deserving of such recongition and a list
      of their accomplishments. Many of the requirements for such an award are
      or might be easily quatified so reporting those individuals that don't
      have the award that might be deserving wouldn't be hard to do.
      Michael