[SCA-Archery] Burlap and Butts

  • Simon Hondy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2001
      I know plastic bags make an awesome arrow stopper. If you have ever shot
      those inexpensive Wal-Mart box targets, and several archery stores sell
      'stuff-it' targets that one stuffs with the bags. I shoot a little 70# long
      bow at a plastic bag filled box, and unless I get near the edge, it stops
      the arrow cold.

      As for having a local permanent range, maybe try any local archery groups?
      I have begun contacting one in my area that has an outdoor range, and a
      little extra space where I may one day be able to hold an event at. We have
      talked about their range schedule, and I have offered to help them with up
      keep of the range. Also explaining the shoots we do, might add a lot of fun
      and inter action between the two groups.

      Simon Hondy

      Mail message

      From: theweb@... (Evian Blackthorn) Ryss Michael Longshanks wrote,
      "I have found that burlap stuffed with plastic grocery bags will stop
      just about any weight bow and can still be removed with just two
      fingers"
      Don't know personally if this is as good, or not. It
      may even be better, but still makes an awfully cheap target! And you can
      get rid of all those plastic bags that seem to accumulate at the same
      time. Also, with the plasic bags, mildew should be less of a problem.
      Evian Blackthorn

      And it's very similar if not Identicle to the majority of bag targets
      that are sold for a whole lot more money. The burlap makes it look like
      it could be period.
      Oh, if only there was a place in my area with earthen butts.
      -Geoffrei

      Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows