Re: Pennsic shoots?

  • Steven Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 1996
      Please remove me from this mailing list.

      Thankyou
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
        At 09:46 PM 9/1/99 -0400, M&L Romanowski wrote:
        >You may have a runner to help you retreive the arrows and score.

        I think this may need to be advertised and explained better next year. I
        heard several people complaining because they had to run up the hill and
        back down themselves while others had their kids doing the running for them.

        I don't think everyone realized that (at least according to the above
        statement) you could be running yourself as WELL as having someone help you.

        Siegfried

        Minister of Misinformation (Chronicler & Web Minister)
        http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org
      • James W. Pratt Jr.
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
          The Iron Man and Twilight shoot did not get confirmed on the Pennsic Archery
          Schedual until Wednesday of week two. If you can get it planned and confirm
          that someone will be there to run it I will put it and the rules(what ever
          you make them) on next years Web page.

          James Cunningham

          >At 09:46 PM 9/1/99 -0400, M&L Romanowski wrote:
          >>You may have a runner to help you retreive the arrows and score.
          >
          >I think this may need to be advertised and explained better next year. I
          >heard several people complaining because they had to run up the hill and
          >back down themselves while others had their kids doing the running for
          them.

          >I don't think everyone realized that (at least according to the above
          >statement) you could be running yourself as WELL as having someone help
          you.

          >Siegfried

          >Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Barony of Highland Foorde
          > Minister of Misinformation (Chronicler & Web Minister)
          > http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org

          >How do you enter ONElist's WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
          >By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program. For details, go to

        • Mike G
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
            At 10:12 AM 9/2/1999 -0400, you wrote:
            >From: Eli White <eliwhite@...>
            >
            >At 09:46 PM 9/1/99 -0400, M&L Romanowski wrote:
            >>You may have a runner to help you retreive the arrows and score.
            >
            >I think this may need to be advertised and explained better next year. I
            >heard several people complaining because they had to run up the hill and
            >back down themselves while others had their kids doing the running for them.

            If I may, I was present at the Iron Man event at Pennsic... I will agree
            that the details of the shoot were lacking prior to the event, and of the
            archers, only 4 had caddy's. There were also only a handful of archers
            shooting the competition. The description "Iron Man" does it justice.
            Personally, it is an endurance shoot. 5 Minutes is just about enough time
            to retrieve, and that hill is brutal from about end #3...

            It would have been more fun had there been more archers, however, it would
            only work with the max number of available gates, as you could not have
            more than a single line of archers. As it is, it was 30 minutes of insane
            shooting, running uphill and down, and trying to keep track of how many
            arrows you shot (made it easier to retrieve...)

            >I don't think everyone realized that (at least according to the above
            >statement) you could be running yourself as WELL as having someone help you.

            In the end, I had my 8 year old son helping me pick up the non-scoring
            arrows, but ran myself ragged right beside him, as did the other archers.
            All-in-all it was a fun shoot. It would have been good to see more of that
            type of challenge out there.

            Deth
          • Rlongbow@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 1999
              just a bit curious; according to the wording, you could have a runner to
              help retrieve and score.
              were some using more than one runner?