Re: Pennsic shoots?

  • Steven Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 1996
      Please remove me from this mailing list.

      Thankyou
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
        Thanks!

        James Cunningham

        >I ran the Iron Man shoot for Cirion the Lefthand (a last minute draft for
        the
      • Eli White
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
          At 09:46 PM 9/1/99 -0400, M&L Romanowski wrote:
          >You may have a runner to help you retreive the arrows and score.

          I think this may need to be advertised and explained better next year. I
          heard several people complaining because they had to run up the hill and
          back down themselves while others had their kids doing the running for them.

          I don't think everyone realized that (at least according to the above
          statement) you could be running yourself as WELL as having someone help you.

          Siegfried

          Minister of Misinformation (Chronicler & Web Minister)
          http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org
        • James W. Pratt Jr.
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
            The Iron Man and Twilight shoot did not get confirmed on the Pennsic Archery
            Schedual until Wednesday of week two. If you can get it planned and confirm
            that someone will be there to run it I will put it and the rules(what ever
            you make them) on next years Web page.

            James Cunningham

            >At 09:46 PM 9/1/99 -0400, M&L Romanowski wrote:
            >>You may have a runner to help you retreive the arrows and score.
            >
            >I think this may need to be advertised and explained better next year. I
            >heard several people complaining because they had to run up the hill and
            >back down themselves while others had their kids doing the running for
            them.

            >I don't think everyone realized that (at least according to the above
            >statement) you could be running yourself as WELL as having someone help
            you.

            >Siegfried

            >Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Barony of Highland Foorde
            > Minister of Misinformation (Chronicler & Web Minister)
            > http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org

            >How do you enter ONElist's WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
            >By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program. For details, go to

          • Mike G
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
              At 10:12 AM 9/2/1999 -0400, you wrote:
              >From: Eli White <eliwhite@...>
              >
              >At 09:46 PM 9/1/99 -0400, M&L Romanowski wrote:
              >>You may have a runner to help you retreive the arrows and score.
              >
              >I think this may need to be advertised and explained better next year. I
              >heard several people complaining because they had to run up the hill and
              >back down themselves while others had their kids doing the running for them.

              If I may, I was present at the Iron Man event at Pennsic... I will agree
              that the details of the shoot were lacking prior to the event, and of the
              archers, only 4 had caddy's. There were also only a handful of archers
              shooting the competition. The description "Iron Man" does it justice.
              Personally, it is an endurance shoot. 5 Minutes is just about enough time
              to retrieve, and that hill is brutal from about end #3...

              It would have been more fun had there been more archers, however, it would
              only work with the max number of available gates, as you could not have
              more than a single line of archers. As it is, it was 30 minutes of insane
              shooting, running uphill and down, and trying to keep track of how many
              arrows you shot (made it easier to retrieve...)

              >I don't think everyone realized that (at least according to the above
              >statement) you could be running yourself as WELL as having someone help you.

              In the end, I had my 8 year old son helping me pick up the non-scoring
              arrows, but ran myself ragged right beside him, as did the other archers.
              All-in-all it was a fun shoot. It would have been good to see more of that
              type of challenge out there.

              Deth
            • Rlongbow@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 1999
                just a bit curious; according to the wording, you could have a runner to
                help retrieve and score.
                were some using more than one runner?